RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Mustang, non-studded without backrest, and would like something a little more contoured. I like the look of the Corbin Hollywood or Young Gun saddles. Has anybody used both of them to comment on the difference. I would like the saddle to seat me as far back as possible, as I am 6'6". I like the look of the Corbin saddles, as they appear to be more contoured. I don't want anything that is going to push me too far forward though. As an example of what I like, I sat on an 06 VRod at the HD shop this afternoon, and I really like the way that seat feels; like it locks you in place.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
A corbin is fine if you prefer firmer seats. I also think both seats are only as good as your posture in it and how your feet/arms are positioned to prevent pressure points. You could also consider the Danny Gray if you don't need a passenger pad.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The corbin is a great seat, and yes is true is more firm but the contour makes you sit in the bike and not ON the bike. The lines flow nicely and is also leather not just a synthetic material. I have A corbin dual with removable backrests for the driver and passenger. A good seat is one of the best if not the best investment in a bike.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Danny Gray is something I will look into as well; no need for a pillion seat. I like the look of the Hollywood and the solo portion of my Mustang saddle. Does anybody know how the saddles fit position-wise in comparison to my Mustang? The firmer, but shaped feeling seems like what I'm looking for, as does the feeling of sitting more "in" the saddle. I'm 6'6" though, so I don't want to end up any closer to the handle bars.

Also, about how much is my Mustang seat worth? It is the non-studded, non-backrest version and is in perfect condition.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
At 6'6" you might want to consider getting a saddle custom fitted for you. Find a seat maker that you can ride in and get measured. You will be happiest and it will be money well spent.

I have the fire and steel solo seat on my bike. I love the look, but definitely need to walk around every 50 miles or so.

·
Registered
65 Posts
seats

I'm 6'3" and have the young guns seat and love it. It sits you lower on the frame rails and further back, it also holds you in place when twisting the throttle.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
The position on the Mustang is pretty good. I just don't like the flatness of the seat.
Take the cover and off and scoop it out a little, or let a local upholstery shop do it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Corbin seat is the way to go, two years in a row from Nova Scotia Can. to Laconia and back, 12 hrs riding each way and I wouldn't trade my seat for anything! Well maybe a new meanie in 2015 when Kawi wakes up and smells the coffee!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I also like my corbin seats...have the dual tourer and the young gun....my brother has the mustang and when I ride his bike i feel like i am sitting on the bike as opposed to sitting more in the bike with the corbins...the mustang is more cushiony but the more bucket feel of the corbins feel more comfortable to me......although a bit harder still is more comfortable.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love the Corbin seat worth every penny!
I liked the factory seat over the Mustang
So third times the charm and I’m keeping the Corbin

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I also like my corbin seats...have the dual tourer and the young gun.........although a bit harder still is more comfortable.....
Got any pics?
I'm probably about ordering something from Corbin and I'd love to see how they look.

I've tried the mustang and felt it was kinda hard, but you're saying the corbin is even harder? :2far:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just installed a studded Corbin dual tourer w/ passenger on my 07 SE. I like how it feels like I'm "in" the bike but is a lot firmer than the stock. It also sets me closer to the bars and lower.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Got any pics?
I'm probably about ordering something from Corbin and I'd love to see how they look.

I've tried the mustang and felt it was kinda hard, but you're saying the corbin is even harder? :2far:
This is my Corbin Dual Tour absent the backrest, I rarely use it except for passengers. The Corbin is very firm, but contrary to what you might think is an incredible saddle for long 300-400+ mile days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
That's awesome!
Thanks Hawaiian and 04Marauder!

I gotta say it's too bad the YG doesn't come with backrest. :(
I gotta go to a dealer in town and see if he has any used bikes with corbin saddles so I can try them out...

Too funny seeing the mustang solo with sissy bar... :laugh:

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I gotta say it's too bad the YG doesn't come with backrest. :(
Corbin is a custom seat maker. Have you contacted them to see if they will build in a slot for rider backrest?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Corbin is a custom seat maker. Have you contacted them to see if they will build in a slot for rider backrest?
Yes, I had an email conversation with them a few weeks ago and I was asking them to make the Gunfighter for MS and the reply I got was this:

I looked up what we offer and the only seat with a driver backrest option is the dual tour.

....so that kinda answer your question as well I guess.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You can always get one of these and then get whatever seat you want.
http://www.protac.net/index.html
Yeah, I've looked at that solution as well.
Do you know where it mounts on a MS?
I got both bags and sissy mounted at the same bolts and I'm not sure if there's any room left for another mount...
Couldn't find any price on that site...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts