RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Corbin seat solve the problem of the passenger sliding forward during deceleration and/or braking? The stock seat is terrible about this! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
yes, the shape and cover material both help. i have the corbin in black carbon fiber leather. my girlfriend slid forward at almost every stop with the stock seat and she almost never does now. she doesn't squirm around as much while riding either. she also feels more secure, especially with the optional backrest.

scott :)

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Hmmm I would have thought after spending a few hundred on a
logical solution to stop your passenger sliding into your back under braking, you might get the " you don't find me attractive any more ..." from your g/f :D

:)

·
Registered
988 Posts
That argument doesn't hold when the girlfriend/wife weighs 85kg.

:) :laugh:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Oops, I think I'm in big trouble, particularly given I'm using my wife's computer at the moment and she can follow my history.

Seriously, the Corbin is a VERY BIG IMPROVEMENT in terms of your passenger sliding forward.

But I notice this aspect is better when my son is on the back (he holds on to the passenger handles) than when my wife is on the back (she holds on to me).

Don't get me wrong - years ago when I was riding a Suzi 500 (the 2 -stroke twin that "couldn't be built" as the promotional stuff said) she used to go to sleep (!!) as a passenger, cos she was so rock solid comfortable - the perfect passenger, didn't move an inch.

IMHO I would much rather a passenger hold firmly on to me, even if male - it makes for a much easier ride for both of us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the biker formerly known as KAWBOY

I must have forgotten my password as KAWBOY. Anywho, the Corbin seat sounds good. I've got one on order. I've also ordered the Kawasaki(/Givi) hard saddlebags. Hey! It's the holidays!....and who deserves gifts more than me? 'Can't wait till the weather warms up again.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I think I will get a Corbin as well. My wife doesn't care for the sliding forward thing either. I'm debating about the backrest. It would be nice, but I don't know about 200 bucks nice. How solid is the backrest? The site says it's only held on by one setscrew.

My questions are: Do they (Corbin) need size/weight info, or is it one size fits all? And I'd like to be able to do a quick change with the stock seat, so what kind of brackets are needed? I imagine they could be ordered online from the Kaw parts page. And lastly, I don't have anything against the carbon fiber-look texture of the leather, but I prefer just basic leather, the way it came off the cow. Do they have options in this regard?

Happy Holidays!

kelly

·
Registered
988 Posts
Do they (Corbin) need size/weight info, or is it one size fits all? And I'd like to be able to do a quick change with the stock seat, so what kind of brackets are needed? I imagine they could be ordered online from the Kaw parts page. And lastly, I don't have anything against the carbon fiber-look texture of the leather, but I prefer just basic leather, the way it came off the cow. Do they have options in this regard?
One size fits all.

There are 3 brackets which you remove from the stock seat (easy-peasy) and put on the Corbin. When you want to change seats back again, you do the reverse. It's a three minute job. You don't need to order extra brackets. But once you have experienced the Corbin, you'll throw the stock seat away anyhow.

There are a number of leather/finish/style options to choose from for the Corbin, all at the same cost.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Corbin on order

Well I did it. I ordered the Corbin saddle and backrest this morning from Power Sports Pro 1-800-964-1882. $438.00 delivered. (I don't know if this forum is saving me money or costing me money):) Power Sports saved bucks off of the Corbin price, but I don't think if I would have even ordered to begin with if you all hadn't praised this seat so much!!

They have two seats in stock with the carbon fiber leather, one with red welt and one with blue, but I wanted the plain smooth leather, so it will be another month or so. I'm looking forward to it!!

kelly

·
Registered
19 Posts
That blue welt seat is probably the order I cancelled a few months back (no reason of PSP). I cancelled the order after Corbin lost 7 of our original orders arter JJ got the good deal. It might be a good time for me to re-order... No waiting..

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Thom- They have the backrests to go with the seats too, at least for the red welt one. If anybody else out there is interested, you could probably have a new seat in a week or so.

After thinking about the red welt following the order, I called back today and changed it to black welt. I just wasn't sure about the red. They said no problem.

I have no idea why I felt the need to post that insignificant story.

Have a safe and happy New Year everybody!!!

kelly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts