RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hello everyone!!

Ilive in Michigan and had a nice weather day for riding yesterday and rode for about 6 hours. Needless to say when I was done my Butt hurt bad. So I have decided after reading all your reviews to buy a Corbin seat, but I am not sure what this discount stuff was about. Is there an opportunity to get a lower price by being part of the community & where do you recommend I purchase the seat from. :(

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
We did a group buy last fall, and got a $70 discount off of Corbin's price of $299. The deal was through PowerSports Pro. At the time I set up the deal, they said they would continue to honor the price as long as Corbin's wholesale price to them remained the same. You should give them a call and see if they'll still give you the group price, I'll bet they will.

Call Power Sports Pro at 1-800-964-1882, they're open 8-8 Mon - Fri and 9-5 Sat, Central time. Ask for Kurt, if he's available, since he's the one who set up the deal.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
They still honor the discount. I ordered mine at the end of December 01 and got the good deal. I called today to check out the status and they said another couple weeks at least. :?

When I ordered, they had carbon fiber look seats in stock, one with red and one with blue welt. I wanted the smooth leather and black welt so I wait.

kelly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you two, I really apreciate all your help and everyone's advice. I just picked up a carbon seat with the red pin stripe. It was a left over from the mad rush a couple months ago so I got it for $210.

Reason I tell you this is Kurt has one more in stock he is looking to get rid of for the same price but it is carbon with blue trim. Give him a call if anyone is interested.

Have a great night and thanks agian.

Jair

:cool:

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
By the way, is there an jury still out on the Corbin ? I like mine, it is more comfortable, and I think it lends a "custom" look to the bike, but... I miss the ability to move to different positions on the saddle. I've gone to the Holeshot bar to regain some of the little stretch to the bar I like. I prefer to be a little hunched over.

Do all the Corbins on simmilar rides sit you deeper "into" the bike like our's does ? Seems they got rid of the slide forward problem by copping into the center. Now you sit in saddle rather than on it. I wish I could have both...No slide and sit on top.

Lastly, the width creates a less sporty feel, sort of, when at a stop. Hard to explain. Yet, no, I wouldn't go back, except just to see how much better feeling the Corbin is, and it is .Just seems that maybe that, when they decided to produce it, they rushed the research, maybe. Maybe it's just me.

Tony

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
PS, that's Chopping into the center. No, I wasn't refering to a love making position.

:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts