RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Corbin seat I ordered on 01/31/01 arrived today. For those of you who have Corbin seats, tell me about the fit around the gas tank? The right side of my seat is about 1/3 of an inch shorter than the left side and part of the gusset on the gas tank is visible. I am told by a friend that this is normal fit and finish for Corbin. I would like to know how your fit and finish is around the gas tank before I contact Corbin. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
mine isn't as surgically snug as the factory seat, there are little gaps here and there including by the tank but it's pretty symmetric by the tanks and not unsightly. i've heard that corbins area often a little bit.off. if you're unhappy for any reason call the company and talk to them. the may be able to do something, they may not.

scott :)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
From experience doing my own little "gig" with bike stuff, there are always slight differences in the same products that I make. Even though I use the same patterns and do the same things everytime, they always come out slightly different. Human error is a problem with items that aren't mass produced. That's not really a good answer, but it is honest. A friend of mine has a Corbin back rest and the seams on the bottom side are off by a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I would take pictures of it and send them back to Corbin with a complaint and ask them to make it right. I expect the same thing from people that buy my stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts