RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The following article MAY give you some reasons why you are pulled over for no apparent reason. I have no idea whether this info is common knowledge among patrol officers or it isn't, but it gave me reason to think about riding styles/habits.

Go here....www.cgcweb.com/dwi.htm

Later..........

Z

·
0 Posts
After reading the article, I'd say it is pretty much is accurate...Locally, most fatality motorcycle accidents are alcohol related and do not involve another vehicle....Stupidity reigns supreme....Anyone who operates a motorvehicle after drinking alcohol is stupid in my book...I have a family that uses the public roads and they should not have to worry about some moron that is DUI...We as motorcyclists need all of our wits while riding amongst the cagers...Alcohol slows critical decision making skills, and we motorcyclists can't take chances like that....I have pulled over erratic riders before, if they weren't DUI, I sent them on there way with a suggestion..."Take the MSF course, PLEASE!!!! Your riding skills are horrible and the course will help, I promise you."....I can't over emphasize the value of a rider education course....I've had my motorcycle license since 1979, dirt/street riding, and I have taken the MSF course 4-times (mainly because the base commanders required it of every motorcyclist)...

Ride safe, and Don't drink and drive, please!

Pete S.
:smilewink

·
Registered
374 Posts
From this guys website: I am a XX%&## 57, 58, 59, 60 year old Harley riding, knife collecting, knife selling, computer enthusiast. Better known as "The CURMUDGEON".
I am not sure why he posted the article about DWI online. My gut tells me its a tip sheet to help people who drink and ride avoid the law. And while I agree with his stance on helment laws (even though I never ride without one), I have to say that it is a bit irresponsible to even try and think a drunk rider is in any way assisted by the article.

My two cents...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts