RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 meanie last friday (my first bike). Went for a couple of small rides but waiting for my appointment at the shop for a big checkup before i go too far, checked the oils everytime. But...stupid me never checked/knew about the coolant reservoir under the seat. Today while washing the bike for the first time, notice the reservoir, and it was empty...my question is can i just fill up the reservoir to the F line with coolant and it will pump itself in the radiator or do i have to fill the radiator also? Not sure how much there is in there, as it seems to be quite the job to get to the radiator cap!
What should i look for? Could this be dangerous for the bike?

Thanks in advance

Sasquatch

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, add coolant to the reservoir. Keep an eye on it and add more as needed, it should fill up the radiator as the engine warms up and circulates coolant.

Getting to the radiator is a minor pain, but it's not the end of the world. You will need to do it anyhow once you get to the point of changing the coolant down the road. You may want to even consider doing it sooner than later since it seems the previous owner wasn't up on the maintenance of the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good ! Thanks for the reply! I’ll keep an eye on it for sure. Hopefully the pump, thermostat, fan ect, does its job!

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a similar issue. Dont forget to tighten the radiator hose clamps. Mine were loose now my overflow tank hasn't changed since I drained and refilled with new coolant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts