RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2020 ninja 650 abs. The bike fell over after leaving in neutral on an incline, spare me your pitty, I m pitiful enough. Couple questions, the first picture shows where I believe the leak is coming from, what is that hole that appeared to have coolant leaking/would a 0 mph drop cause this? Is this a warranty issue? Will warranty be void because of drop? If warranty is void is there anyway to seal this without replacing parts?Anyone have a similar leak with out the drop? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
991 Posts
How about a pic zoomed out a little to help figure out the specific location of the leak in relation to the engine. If that's the bottom of the water pump, and coolant is leaking from the rectangular slit then the mechanical seal on the impeller is toast. Not related to being dropped, and should be repaired for free if your bike is under warranty. It's a fairly common issue on the 650. I "fixed" it on my 07 more than once already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it is leaking from the bottom and the first posted pick was front top/middle. Here is a pic I took after removing fairing/ wiping coolant away yesterday from underneath, that little wet spot is actually coolant and not reflection. Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
So it is leaking from the bottom and the first posted pick was front top/middle. Here is a pic I took after removing fairing/ wiping coolant away yesterday from underneath, that little wet spot is actually coolant and not reflection. Thanks for your reply!
JustAJ is on the money, the impeller seal has been an issue through all 650 gens. Get it fixed under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts