RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday was this past Sunday (I'm 44, OK? Let's not talk about it any more :( ).

Anyway, my wife was asking me about cakes and I told her I didn't care but I wanted a bike on it. I was just kidding, of course, but it was fun.

Well, she went and bought a set of 5 toy motorcycles because she thought one of them was my bike. She was so proud of herself. Well, the bike she thought was mine was actually a red Ninja ZX-7R. Only the way the bikes were packaged, you couldn't see the word Ninja at all and the engine fairing wasn't so obvious. All she saw was a red Kawasaki with a "Z" and a "7" in it, which she knew my bike had. If you knew my wife, you'd realize how remarkable it is she knew about the "Z" and the "7" (or, for that matter, the "Kawasaki" and the "red"!! :) ).

So she felt bad about getting the wrong bike. But two of the other bikes were a yellow Ducati Monster and a green KTM Duke! The bikes were pretty cool looking and have little kickstands so they stand up right. There were some road cones in the toy kit, too, so she put some on the cake along with one bike. Then I brought my Ninja, the Duc and the Duke into work and have them sitting there (gave the Suzuki GSX-600R to my little girl).

Great wife!

P.S. Just bought a Joe Rocket Meteor 3.0 jacket, which was also my birthday present.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Gotta give her an "A" for effort. I've been looking for miniature collectables, and the ZR-7 isn't one I've seen. I'm not holding my breath either.

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hi Tom,

You have a great wife. Its funny how worked-up they get over little things like birthdays and holidays. Its nice that she knows how much you like your motorcycle.

My wife just calls my motorcycle the "stupid old motorcycle".

Andy

·
Registered
988 Posts
In my case that would go well with the 'stupid old fart' who rides it !!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok, now I'm scared your wife sounds just like my wife. "It's a red bike that he rides on, it's a Kawasaki something." But, just like your wife she tries, I ordered a First Gear Kenya jacket for my birthday which was just this past Friday. As for the wife I dragged her back and forth between three shops over a period of two days trying on different jackets and she was as patient as could be. Gotta love those wives that really aren't into motorcycling but support us anyway. Well, Happy Belated Birthday and enjoy the models.

PS: If you really like the models then visit the toy dept. in Walmart or Target, they have the models for under $3 each. I have been getting them for my son for a few years and he loves playing with them (he's got about 25 of them).

·
Registered
360 Posts
No motorcycle cake here...

But my sweetheart of 15 years once gave me a hamburger cake. She just used a white cakemix for structure and colored frosting for the looks. It looked like a Grandma Ruth's 3 lb hamburger.

Another time she copied a Home Improvement cake and did a Construction scene cake with cones and heavy equipment on top. She loves doin' that stuff. I love her to pieces!!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My girlfriend hates me riding motorcycles, as does the rest of my family. I think I have one 17 year-old cousin who's a fan, that's about it. I can only imagine what my girlriend's version of a motorcycle birthday cake would be for me...

Probably a toy motorcycle getting run over by a big Tonka truck, something to that effect...

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I have to take back everything I've said about my wife in the past. Tonight we went to a big sale at a bike shop and first she picked me out a new dirt helmet, then while I'm looking at boots for my son, she tells me I need new boots. I tell her I already have boots and she says," Yeah, but they're old and ugly". I about fell over! And I got new boots, too. She also wants to get the boys new motorcycles! I think that; #1) She's been captured by Aliens and this is an imposter, or #2) 10 years of me has finally gotten the best of her, or #3) She's broken something very expensive, or #4) She wants something!....I think it's #4. But she's getting cooler.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, I hope my husband doesn't read this. Poor guy would never get a cool cake like that baked by me. I'll have to find a good bakery!

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
What's his e-mail address???:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts