RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody would want to share any cool websites that they knew of (clean ones). I like www.terraserver.com to check out satellite photos of my neighbors house. Just kidding. They used to have a lot more of the US covered; don't know what happened, but it looks like they are adding coverage area every day.

I you're into guitars, I also like http://www.getinyourcrib.com/tab/ for guitar tabulature.

kelly

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Many of us on the east coast and maybe even as far as Dallas, TX listen to the "Big Show" on the radio from 6am to 10am, the John Boy and Billy show. I am a loyal fan, so when I get real bored I go to www.thebigshow.com. Very funny stuff for y'all that can hear these "rednecks" in the am. Good clean fun, I might add. Tom :D

BTW - they feature Kyle Petty's charity ride from California (Sonoma, I think) to North Carolina every year, mostly Harleys but with a real good purpose.

Oh, and for some you on the east coast, give up NPR for a few minutes and listen to the guys, you'll get to work smiling instead of frowning.

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
Thanks for the website..............
Here's a website I used to go to but I don't think it's working at the moment...........www.tabcrawler.com
I started playing guitar in 84................played about 2 yrs then I got married. So you know the guitars were put on the back burner.(just one of the bad moves in my life.......another was getting married in the first place.....anyway). So after the marriage and divorce period I started back playing a little. It's been off and on the last couple of yrs but I do enjoy playing ....... especially with the stereo. Some Kansas, Santana, Brian Adams or anything blue. What I find amazing about playing is that sometimes it just happens.........I mean you watch your fingers but your not really controling them(like playing "dust in the wind")...........in the zone.
Weapons of choice are
1....62 reissue strat I bought in 84.......shes mint......electric
2....84 gibson flat top made like an ovation with a round plastic back.accoustic
3....96 fender strat reverse headstock.....guitar never goes out of tune even with the wammy bar...electric
4 ...2000 Washburn classical /cutaway with a pizio pickup.........this is my favorite guitar. ...acc and elec
5..A Les Paul imitation by epiphone which is really a nice guitar.. another one I keep cased.........electric

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy- Thanks. Now that you mention that I do recall that function on Mapquest. Terraserver has some functionality that mapquest doesn't though. You can order 8 x 10 glossy's off of terraserver, and search by latitude/longitude.

srogaski- I don't think 9/11 had anything to do with the deletion of most of the US off of terraserver, since, as Andy stated, you can still get pics off of mapquest. I think they got re-org'ed or something because the whole site is different than last year. They may be updating with newer photos.

kelly

·
Registered
988 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts