RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I, well my wife, has a baby on the way so I was considering to sell my 2005 Z1000 (titanium). It has HIDs, laser exhaust, air box mod, bar end mirrors, LED mods, aftermarket signals, fender eliminator etc. I has served me well for 20k miles and is running like a charm. I'll replace the water temp sensor since it seems to be faulty. I have changed the oil at least every year with the good stuff and just this spring had the valves and throttle bodies adjusted. Coolant was exchanged in spring too with engine ice.

My question is now, what would be a reasonable price? Would anyone be interested to pay $3000 for it? I'm located in Maryland. Any input is welcome!

thanks!

I'll upload pictures very soon!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! I was just a bit shocked when a dealer told me he wouldn't even buy it with 20k miles :( :alcy:

·
Registered
270 Posts
That dealer was crazy... These bikes rack up a ton of miles and keep on ticking, I would be all over that if I didn't just buy a '10 (and in the process of selling for similiar reasons) lol. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw that RT! It's a shame to give up a hobby :thud: I hope your sale goes through soon!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem with that is that I will still be riding it in the fall and winter time so I'll have more mileage. It will be harder to sell then :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very fair price.

For reference, I just bought my bike for around $3k and it's a 2003 black with just a few more modifications and about the same mileage.

Dealer was being a butt. 20k miles is nothing!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it looks like I can put it on the ads for a base price of ~$3.5k then. Thanks a lot for your input everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts