RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused on what my bike is....it looks like a ZR-7S, but when I was getting an insurance quote and put my VIN in it said it's a ZR750-H..??? Which is it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What happened to your rear cowl stickers ..????
No clue *shrug* I bought the bike this past Saturday, and it was funny when I got it home as I realized "hey..wtf bike is this" and never asked the previous owner during the buying conversation. Sounds bad in hindsight, but I found it off craigslist searching for "kawasaki" and the rest seemed good so I bought it.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The Kawasaki naming convention also includes the date. So mine was a ZR-750 H2. The next year would have been at ZR-750 H3. The non "S" models had a different letter code after ZR-750.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many miles on it .??

The Kawasaki naming convention also includes the date. So mine was a ZR-750 H2. The next year would have been at ZR-750 H3. The non "S" models had a different letter code after ZR-750.
So is ZR-750-H(whatever for year) just a specific identification term that is equivalent to ZR-7S?

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
2001-2003 in the US are all ZR-7s. The ZR-7 was only available in 2000 in the US.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Could you show pics of the left side? I'd bet the fairings were repainted after a minor spill (judging by rt side cover), but it looks like they did a real good job.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Josh,

The confusion arises because Kawasaki uses two different model names for their products; 1) a 'consumer' model name and, 2) an 'internal' model designation.
This means that your motorcylce was marketed as the ZR7-S. All publicity and consumer products identified this motorcycle as the ZR7-S. However, in Kawasaki's internal documents, the bike was known as the ZR750-H.

I find this practice of Kawasaki most confusing... To make things worse, the same motorcycle is often sold under different names in different countries.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Josh,

The confusion arises because Kawasaki uses two different model names for their products; 1) a 'consumer' model name and, 2) an 'internal' model designation.
This means that your motorcylce was marketed as the ZR7-S. All publicity and consumer products identified this motorcycle as the ZR7-S. However, in Kawasaki's internal documents, the bike was known as the ZR750-H.

I find this practice of Kawasaki most confusing... To make things worse, the same motorcycle is often sold under different names in different countries.
AH that makes more sense. Thanks AndreL. That is a confusing and interesting system they do..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts