RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking for a commuter bike I've got one for sale. It's a 1999 Honda Nighthawk 250cc. Get's about 75mpg on Gas, Top speed is 85mph, You can use it on the highway if you need to. I have it listed locally for $2,500 o.b.o., but I'll sell it to someone on here for 2,300. If you're interested send me an email [email protected]
This was my trainer bike before I got my ZR-7s, I thought I'd be able to keep both, but can't afford to maintain two bikes. Here's a picture. It's only got 2,600 miles on it, and I just gave it an oil change and had the brake cables replaced.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Even though they offer mediocre performance, I've always liked the looks of the Honda Nighthawks, both the 250's and 750's. You might have a hard time selling the thing, unfortunately-- lots of dealerships (especially this time of year) have new Kawasaki 250 Ninjas selling for less than what you're asking for a used Honda. I don't know how much the little Nighthawk itself retails for, but my guess is that you could find one in a showroom this time of year for not too much more than you're asking for your's. Unfortunately, unless you have a Harley or a Ducati, it seems like motorcycles are never very good financial investments. I saw a ZR-7 on eBay with half the miles mine does, in just as good of shape, that didn't even get one bid for $2600. That sucks.

If you do sell it, great, let us know. I just wouldn't get my hopes up. And besides, you can never have too many motorcycles. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts