RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to install a communications system on the ZR-7. I need CB (for the Gold Wings) and FRS radios (for the Chatterbox - sportbike crowd) to cover all riding groups. Have you installed a system on your bike? What worked and what didn't work...?

Here is what I'm thinking for the CB, Push-To-Talk (PTT) and headset connection: http://sierra.safeshopper.com/41/505.htm?334
I have two top-of-the-line J&M headsets sitting around from my Gold Wing days.

The same connector by Sierra can be used for CB and FRS radios with 1/8" mini plugs. I've got two top-of-the-line Motorola FRS radios out in the trunk of the car. Just swap the radio based on which group I'm riding with:cool:

The FRS works really good in the car and out and about when walking around (Disneyland, etc.). Never tried them on a motorcycle.

Thanks for the help!

Philip
ZR-7

·
Registered
7 Posts
Need help with Communicator decision

I am looking for a bike to bike communicator system. I would like it to work with my cell phone and Ipod. So far I have been researching the SCALA RIDER Q2 MultiSet and the Collett MicroFONE 2. Does anyone have other suggestions or have any personal experience with these products? Are there certain specifications within a communicator set that I should look for and/ or be aware of?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the Scala Q2 and love it. The newest version I believe can be used with a music source. They do sync with your bluetooth enabled phone, and can utilize voice activation if your phone has that ability. With the noise cancellation no one will know you are on a bike. We looked at a Collett also and went with the Q2. Hopefully, this helps you a bit. :2cents:

·
Registered
190 Posts
The wife and I love our Scala Q2, great system, it has about a 1/4 mile range on bike to bike communication, the radio is only mono.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts