RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Are you happy with the colors available for the Ninja 1000?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might just be me, but I'm not really liking the lack of selection of colors for the new Ninja 1000. In fact, right now the only thing that's really keeping me from trading in my Ninja 650R to the Ninja 1000 is the fact that they don't have one in blue. Let's rectify that. Some new color schemes I designed quickly - Green, Slate Gray, Burnt Orange, and of course Blue.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I am very partial to the burnt orange

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Personally I think the fairing is funny looking and a two-tone paint scheme is not flattering. I think the tank needs to be the same color as the rest of the colored body work. I'd love to see it all in red with black trim.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I understand, your buying a new bike, you want to buy the color you prefer. But to justify not going from a ninja 650, which by all accounts is a great bike, to a Ninja 1000 because it's not blue, is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. Maybe it's just because I prefer black...but.... my 2 cents is.... do not deny yourself an awesome motorcycle because it's not blue, you'd be doing yourself an injustice...

Please don't take as a flame... in no way is the meant to be.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I completely understand where you are coming from, so no worries there : ) . For me, I love my Ninja 650 and it's a fantastic bike that I have had since I started riding. Since there's nothing really wrong with it, it's hard for me to justify spending the kind of money on a new bike that isn't exactly what I'm looking for, especially considering that (although I can live with it for a few years) my insurance is going to be around 800 more a year for the bike alone from what I'm paying now, plis the insurance for my car which isn't that cheap either. Hopefully when they release 2012s they will be blue... Then again you may see my signature change in the next few weeks to a black N1K, who knows.

EDIT: Not the worst color scheme in the world, but hard to go with a black bike when you bought your gear for a blue one...
EDIT 2: I know my helmet is red...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Squidlius, when I get back from work I'll mock up a 1-tone in red with black trim and blue just for you : )

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Squidlius, when I get back from work I'll mock up a 1-tone in red with black trim and blue just for you : )
Sweet, thanks! I'd love to see it in Ferrari red with stock wheels and if it's not too much effort I'd love to see the same red pic with red wheels for comparison.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I completely understand where you are coming from, so no worries there : ) . For me, I love my Ninja 650 and it's a fantastic bike that I have had since I started riding. Since there's nothing really wrong with it, it's hard for me to justify spending the kind of money on a new bike that isn't exactly what I'm looking for, especially considering that (although I can live with it for a few years) my insurance is going to be around 800 more a year for the bike alone from what I'm paying now, plis the insurance for my car which isn't that cheap either. Hopefully when they release 2012s they will be blue... Then again you may see my signature change in the next few weeks to a black N1K, who knows.
You could always get it custom painted. That'd be sweet!

·
Registered
719 Posts
You could always get it custom painted. That'd be sweet!
Yup! Any damn color you want. Plus I think Kawasaki factory paint, although beautiful at first.. is soft as butter.. in fact I am pretty sure it is actually made from butter. Scratches way too easy.. especially black. That said, get whatever and paint it with a good hard base/clear like PPG.

Also, N1K is in first year. 2012 will have new colors. I think this bike will got at least 4 years probably 6.. so if you don't like the colors now, just wait.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Yup! Any damn color you want. Plus I think Kawasaki factory paint, although beautiful at first.. is soft as butter.. in fact I am pretty sure it is actually made from butter. Scratches way too easy.. especially black. That said, get whatever and paint it with a good hard base/clear like PPG.

Also, N1K is in first year. 2012 will have new colors. I think this bike will got at least 4 years probably 6.. so if you don't like the colors now, just wait.
Yeah, Kawi puts nothing on their paint in terms of a clear coat!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah, Kawi puts nothing on their paint in terms of a clear coat!
Squidlius, I'm not going to argue because I don't know, but how do you know? Have you buffed through the clearcoat?

I have yet to see black paint on any vehicle that does not show every blemish. When I was shopping for my Mustang back in 2005, there was a black GT in the dealer showroom, and I could not believe the amount of fine scratches all over that car, especially in the areas of the door handles and where people had been touching it. In contrast, there was a metallic red one in the showroom that most certainly had a similar amount of blemishes on it, but you couldn't see them!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Squidlius, I'm not going to argue because I don't know, but how do you know? Have you buffed through the clearcoat?

I have yet to see black paint on any vehicle that does not show every blemish. When I was shopping for my Mustang back in 2005, there was a black GT in the dealer showroom, and I could not believe the amount of fine scratches all over that car, especially in the areas of the door handles and where people had been touching it. In contrast, there was a metallic red one in the showroom that most certainly had a similar amount of blemishes on it, but you couldn't see them!
Just compared to other black bikes I've owned. I try to be real careful and wax often but my Ninja seems to get scratched easier than anything I've ever owned.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
As promised, red 1-tone. The color isn't exact, but color on black like that is a pain in the a$$, so that's what I got. Good thing I like it two-tone anyways. Hopefully the 2012s are out in December of this year, I couldn't think of a more perfect birthday/Christmas present to myself : D

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
As promised, red 1-tone. The color isn't exact, but color on black like that is a pain in the a$$, so that's what I got. Good thing I like it two-tone anyways. Hopefully the 2012s are out in December of this year, I couldn't think of a more perfect birthday/Christmas present to myself : D

Very cool, thanks! I like that and have it saved as my wallpaper!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts