RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever bought any paint off the website ColorRite for a scratch or scratches on there bike. They supposevely match the color very closely to the manufacturing color.
Just wanted to know if people have used this, and if so if they liked the outcome or not.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the touch-up pen several years ago for my 2000 ZRX1100, and the green matched perfectly. I recommend them.
i am assuming that if you bought the pen, you didn;t have alot of large areas that needed to be painted. were you able to see, after painting, where you did use the pen on the bike? and did you also buy a clear coat for after the touch up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just recently bought ordered some pens from color rite, wasn't sure if i needed a clear coat also. i used the passion red base and top color for some small scratches and the color blends in nicely. but the site does say the clear coat also helps the paint cure properly and protects it =/.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has any one ever bought any paint off the website ColorRite for a scratch or scratches on there bike. They supposevely match the color very closely to the manufacturing color.
Just wanted to know if people have used this, and if so if they liked the outcome or not.
I've bought the spray can's off of their site. I bought the metallic diablo black, and it did not match up at all. The metallic was non existant.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To answer jmasc22's question, I didn't have a lot of areas to touch up...just small scratches on the tank from rocks, jacket zippers, etc. The pearl jade green blended nicely on the bike, and unless you were sitting on the bike and looking for scratches, you didn't notice where the original scratches were (at least I never got comments regarding them). I did not use clear coat, and I used to ride a lot in the rain. From what I recall (I no longer have the bike and now ride a green '09 650), I would just touch up any problems and forget about them.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts