RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've recently purchased a 97 bandit 1200 and when ever the bike warms up the clutch starts slipping and get progressively worse the longer I ride. But when I bleed the clutch it seems to stop slipping for a while only to start slipping again sometimes after 5 minutes of ridding other times after 20-30minutes of ridding? I have gone through 4 bottles of dot 4 fluid now and am kind of at a loss.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hi I've recently purchased a 97 bandit 1200 and when ever the bike warms up the clutch starts slipping and get progressively worse the longer I ride. But when I bleed the clutch it seems to stop slipping for a while only to start slipping again sometimes after 5 minutes of ridding other times after 20-30minutes of ridding? I have gone through 4 bottles of dot 4 fluid now and am kind of at a loss.
You are using motorcycle specific engine oil I take it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I put in motul full syn when I bought the bike... Problem has been solved though, turns out there was a bunch of crap built up in the master cylinder blocking the cylinder from functioning correctly. The bike had been sitting for 2 years before I bought it which most likely caused the build up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts