I just went over 22,000 miles and my clutch cable was stretched to the max. Or so I thought. I changed my clutch, using a barnett now, and when I did I found that the pusher rod, which connects the actuation rod (hooked to the cable through the outer cover) had the contact point mushroomed out. I tried to sand down the edges. It worked for a while but then it gave out completely. The end broke off the pusher rod and the clutch was useless. I've replaced the pusher rod and the clutch is like new. The cable did not stretch as much as expected, it was all the pusher rod. So give a look gents, just wanted to pass on the info.