RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Guys. I was driving my Bandit 1200s today and noticed that the clutch lever was unusually low, that is... it connected with the engine almost as soon as I gave an millimeter of release... Now, after that I had hard times to hit the gears and it was not a pleasant drive at all. I also noticed that the break-fluid lever in the left box was out, completely empty but no leakage at all from the breaks... ? I do not drive the bike that much. Can you guys give me a clue what might be wrong with the clutch before I take the bike to the ever so expensive shop (I currently live in Denmark you see)
Best greetings
Jacnor

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hugo, I am taking the bike to the shop then... I can´t see any leakage though. Any idea why the clutch is acting funny ? Can the oil drain from the clutch or could it be that it needs copper grease ? Please advice me if you can :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all... I just found out that my Bandit 1200s is equipped with "Hydraulic Clutch" and the reservoir for the clutch is the same as for the "left" break !? Strange but a fact... LOL I am NO mechanic (obviously) so it pleases me when I find that there are simple enough solutions so I can attend to them myself instead paying a good portion of my salary to the Shop.... Thanks again for the comment Hugo. Take care guys.
jacnor

What can I say... I am a driver not a lover

·
Registered
417 Posts
Of course the B12 has an hydraulic actuated wet clutch, but I really doubt that is also used for the left brake. Just follow the line from the right reservoir, it should split and go to both brake calipers. Clutch actuation, should not be compromised.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it and the bike Clutches like there´s no tomorrow :) Ahhh how I love to drive this Bandit :)
Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it. (Ps, yeah I traced the line from the reservoir and it is as you say it is)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts