RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 650R and on the clutch lever there are 2 electric wires connected to the lever. What are they and are they Important?

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are for the flash to pass switch located on the front of the left hand switch panel....and they are only important if you want that switch to work

·
Registered
334 Posts
The wires coming from the clutch are the clutch switch, so the bike knows when the clutch is pulled in. For example, if it's in gear, it won't start unless you have the clutch pulled in. All the other wires go to the handlebar control that has the turn signals, flash to pass, high/lo beam switch and hazard/flasher switch.

2011 Kawasaki NINJA 650R (EX650CBF) Handlebar | Babbitts Kawasaki Parts House

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
Some people by-pass these wires by simply wiring them together all the time.

The OEM's have gotten smarter over time thought, and often there is a "neutral" map in the ECU that has a lower rev limit and less power.

It's best not to by-pass this switch. I have no idea if thr 650 Ninja has a lower rev limit or less power with this switch by-passed. But several bikes do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought new levers and the connection on the clutch lever is a little different so I would have to splice some new connectors for it. I could imagine plenty of problems coming from by by-passing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts