RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, coming in with my first season this year on a 2001 zr-7!

This may well be a duplicate post, o am happy if this gets run down, but need a steer to the relevant thread.

I'm looking at replacing the clutch & break levers on the bike to give it a bit more modern look, and have already hit a few bumps in the road.
Main one being the ebay handles advertised to hit ZR7, don't actually fit ..
i've had to buy and return two sets already because the clutch lever that comes in the pair doesn't fit into the clutch lever assembly on the handlebars. both levers, funnily enough were machined in a way where the bolt-through part is shorter than the original and it fits in but wobbles, and the other side where the cable feeds through is taller and it's completely off and won't fit.

My aim with this post is to understand if anyone has encountered this with aftermarket handles, and were you able to find the fitting pair of levers?
At this point i'm also considering to look at replacing the stock clutch and break lever(+master break fluid cylinder) assemblies and replacing them with aftermarket ones(+aftermarket mirrors).

Looking at the lever replacement initially though, so any previous experiences would be greatly appreciated,

thank you!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I've seen levers that needed an "extra adapter" to fit properly. You may have just happened to have gotten these. There are levers out there that will work as some of the others here have replaced theirs. I think Shakkenstirred has aftermarkets on his bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts