RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki ninja 650 (2019)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new here and new rides also , I have ninja 650 (2019) and I have issues with clunk noise when I put from neutral to first gear ,and same thing happens in 2nd gear, all other gears when I shift not making any noise,also down shifting is smooth no noise. Other wise bike runs fine and no other issues

·
Registered
996 Posts
From day 1, these trannys have been a tad clunky on the Neutral - 1st gear shift. If yours is clunking on the 1-2 also, then check your clutch cable slack. YOu should be able to move it back and forth no more than the width of a nickel. If yours moves more then tighten it up. If it's within spec you should ask your dealer to take a quick look if it's under warranty. If it's out of warranty, maybe someone local on this board can help. Weird sounds are really hard to diagnose in writing. I'm local in the 818 area code if you're near me.

·
Registered
Kawasaki ninja 650 (2019)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying, I did check with place where I buy my bike it’s new they say everything it’s ok with clutch and that clunk noise when I am shifting in 1 or after in 2nd it’s Normal with Kawasaki 650

·
Super Moderator
2,375 Posts
Thanks for replying, I did check with place where I buy my bike it’s new they say everything it’s ok with clutch and that clunk noise when I am shifting in 1 or after in 2nd it’s Normal with Kawasaki 650
Try blipping the throttle as you shift from 1st through Neutral to 2nd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your bike is running and in neutral, pull in your clutch lever, blip the throttle a few times, release the clutch, pull it back in and then shift down to 1st gear. This should help the clunking. This does not indicate a problem with the bike, I had a Kawasaki KLR650 and you HAD to follow this ritual when the engine was cold, otherwise the bike would not only clunk, it would actually jerk forward and stall the bike, causing a stream of bad words to fly from my mouth and much humiliation if anyone was watching. This was a common issue with the KLR's. As far as your 1st to 2nd shift, be firm and quick on the shift. This will improve as you break in the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts