RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
sweet! nice set of pics. you've definitely got the cafe racer look going. i have to admit it's a little odd with the modern sculpted tank and tail. be sure to give us a long term report on riding confort (or lack thereof) after you've put some more miles on it.

also, it looks like you could trim an inch or two off each end of the bars. that might make it more comfortable by bringing your arms in a little closer to the center making it easier to support yourself. less leverage for turns though.

scott

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Now those would look good with the milled ZR-7 bar cap that was for sale on the other board. A nice brushed alloy would look ace.

:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i've found a place near me that sells bars that are close to stock with just a little less bend back (exactly what i want!) for $15 and bar end mirrors in black or chrome for $12 each! i've seen the same on the web for $15. they would definitely go reallu well with the clubman bars, as well as inproving your rearward view.

scott :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
thnaks for the new pics. how about a report now that you've had the bars for a while. how's comfort? are you used to the new riding position? any big plusses or minusses?

FYI, there's a broken down bandit with clubman bars next to my bike in the parking lot. those bars only go 2 or 3 inches forward of the clamps, that looks like less than yours and less than those i've seen in shops. maybe these would fit the zr-7 better without hitting the triple tree.

finally, what are those big black stripes on your tank?

scott :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clubman bars update

Best Regards Scott:

In the new set of pictures the clubman bar is installed with the Genmar risers. I found a set of used ones in a local motorcycle salvage yard for $15.00. were black but all the paint was scratched and falling apart so I just sand them. The riding position is very radical (read: unconfortable in the wrists) but I love it and I love the looks of the bike..! :)
So far no problems with my back. I suffer from lower back pain but I noticed the pain in the lower back if I sleep more than 10 hours..normally Sundays :) Maybe I need a new bed mattress or not slep too much.
With the risers the bar is up and back a little more. Riding in the open roads is not a problem at all because you are resting most of your weight in the tank, but is killing my wrists in bumper to bumper traffic where you need to stand very vertical to check the traffic around the bike. Also parking maneouvers are more difficult. The black strips are "homemade" tank protectors made from a "mouse" pad. The main idea was to cover a small dent in the right side next to the letter "K". regular tank protectors are more expensive so I got the mouse pad for free.

Ride safe and Happy Holidays

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
thanks for the info man, all good to know :) why are you sleeping on saturday's? get into the mountains early before all the squids and the police show up ;)

scott

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Obviously you haven't been to Ft. Hood with a 75 lb. ruck-sack on your back. It's not quite as flat as it seems. There's some good size hills there. They also seemed to find 'em for me when I was at the NCO Academy with the ruck and a radio strapped to my back.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
fort hood?!? ick!! my dad was stationed out there a million years agao. i think that's the only place in the US that has rattlesnakes, water mocassins, copperheads and scorpions all in the same location :) my dad hated it so much he volunteered to join the army rangers to get out of there, figured it couldn't be any worse ;)

scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts