RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not decide which of these would be a better fit for me. i want my bars to be pretty low. as low as they can get anyways so that when im going top speed i can get down out of the wind pretty easily. so which should i go for and where can i get the best deal?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of them are for older yewars. i have an 09 and im nt sure of what type to clip-ons to get because a lot of people r saying that certain clip-ons wont work due to it hitting the tank or something

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
you have to lower the front end of your bike significantly to install clipons. not advisable especially if you are a newer rider. they belong under the triple, and the stock 650R bodywork just wont work with them in that location.

sportbars give you nearly identical positioning and installation is a snap.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Clipons, if mounted properly under the top triple, will cause unhappy interference with the clutch cable and the gauge surround even if you can get the fairing to work. Go for sport bars; easy to mount, and they give a good street riding position. You can adjust the angle by rotating them in the clamps.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Clipons, if mounted properly under the top triple, will cause unhappy interference with the clutch cable and the gauge surround even if you can get the fairing to work. Go for sport bars; easy to mount, and they give a good street riding position. You can adjust the angle by rotating them in the clamps.
you must be referring to sport bars V1, which are no longer available. the V2 sport bars utilize a plate and cant be rotated. SM bars still allow the rotation you are describing.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
LSL Superbike Low
You can adjust them forward and back.
And cut the width to fit your riding style.
what is the shortest width allowed so that the controls are just hitting the bend? I tried the european bend, but they are still too wide for me.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
SB Low 1.25"
Does that leave you witht he same overall width of the stock bars or shorter?

Here I go again consider yet another handlebar change. :blowup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sport-bars just dont seem to low to me from the pics that i have seen. is there anyone that can post a pic of a person on the bike with sport-bars so i can see the actual riding position. and if u lower the front end, u would also have to lower the back, right?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The sport-bars just dont seem to low to me from the pics that i have seen. is there anyone that can post a pic of a person on the bike with sport-bars so i can see the actual riding position. and if u lower the front end, u would also have to lower the back, right?
this is right on their site

If you lower your front end you dont have to lower the back, but if you dont you will seriously affect your handling.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow those do look a lot better, and a lot better lean than sitting straight up with the stupid stock bars. buy another question. how do u actually lower the back. is there a kit for it? or a simple adjustment like the front

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bc if i get the clip-ons i would have to lower the front about an inch and i dont want it to look like my nose is diving into the ground. so i figure it would be smart to lower the back too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts