RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this on my bike this summer and I must say that it is awesome. Some of you might already have one on the front of your cars to prevent rocks chips. But, they also have them for motorcycles. Mine covers the front end, the headlight, the front fender, the sides of the tank, the part of the tank where you usually put a zipper scratch guard, and the sides of the rear plastics (where the Z1000 sticker is on the 06-09). My friend also covered the undertail and I have ZERO pitting on that piece now.

Just wanted to pass along this tidbit because I haven't heard anyone talk about it before. But, I have heard people complaining about rock chips on their front and pitting on the undertail.

You can google invisible bra or clear bra. It's the same material that they use for clear iPhone skins, helicopter blades, and of course automobiles. Mine cost about $120 with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've been planning on doing this since I got my new paint job summer before last :) I need to have my bike professionally detailed and buffed out this spring, then this stuff is going on. Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
My undertail is totally sandblasted! I bought a roll of the clear film, but never installed it... now its a bit late to be thinking about it!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
yep, don't expect that clear plastic stuff to last long on the undertail...

mines pretty sand blasted too, i put a big monster energy sticker on there in the hope that would help protect it, but a few months later and holes started appearing...

there's little you can do about keeping your undertail beautifully clean if you ride alot.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clear bra will help because it's not just some sticker, but a stronger 3M material that specifically resists rock chips. If you take a sheet of it, you can try to jam a fork through it and it will resist strong efforts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How much of the clear bra did you need? I haven'n seen a kit for the Z so I guess I'll just buy a roll but I was wondering if you knew how much you used so I would know how much to buy.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The clear bra will help because it's not just some sticker, but a stronger 3M material that specifically resists rock chips. If you take a sheet of it, you can try to jam a fork through it and it will resist strong efforts.
lets us know how it holds up in 3-4 months time, plastic, no matter how strong isn't going to do a lot of good when a 2mmDIA pebble gets picked up by your rear tire and thrown against your undertail at 100km per hour.

I've a 3m clear kit installed on my tank (back end and sides) which helps the tank from getting zipper and jeans scratches. the kit for the tank only is much cheaper, like $15 - thats the only place i'd bother putting it.

http://www.thetankslapper.com/buy/tankprotector_ts/kawasaki.html

Link to where i got mine

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much of the clear bra did you need? I haven'n seen a kit for the Z so I guess I'll just buy a roll but I was wondering if you knew how much you used so I would know how much to buy.
www.stickercity.com has a kit for the Z1000. That's where I got mine. The undertail part was a gift from my friend who had a sheet leftover from when he did my car. :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lets us know how it holds up in 3-4 months time, plastic, no matter how strong isn't going to do a lot of good when a 2mmDIA pebble gets picked up by your rear tire and thrown against your undertail at 100km per hour.

I've a 3m clear kit installed on my tank (back end and sides) which helps the tank from getting zipper and jeans scratches. the kit for the tank only is much cheaper, like $15 - thats the only place i'd bother putting it.

http://www.thetankslapper.com/buy/tankprotector_ts/kawasaki.html

Link to where i got mine
Well, I've driven over 3000 miles (1500 miles nearly non-stop except to pee, refuel, and eat) up and down the east coast of the US at speeds considerably higher than 100km in my car that has a 3M clear bra installed and I have yet to find ONE rock chip on the car's hood or front end.

I will have to do an update on the bike as time goes one. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the best. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts