RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a good method or products for cleaning the Z1000? Do you just spray the thing down with water and towel it off?

I've got one of those spray cleaner/polish things that is good for cleaning the fairings, but I want to know how to clean the engine part what with all the hoses and nooks and cranny's and such?

I have a "wheel cleaner" product where you spray it on then hose it off, but that stuff seems to have stripped some of the powder coat off parts around the braking system on my 650r and I'm hesitant to use it anymore...

Do car-was places clean motorcycles?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mr sheen !

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a bit of a car polisher and as such I have prepped the thou the way I want.

My opinion on this is put a bit of prep in early and cleaning is a breeze.

I have prepared all the painted panels with a number of products to get it to my standards. The plastics and painted engine parts have been cleaned and coated in bilthamber autobalm which is one of the best protective products around in my opinion.

After this has been done the dirt falls off when sprayed with water. For a bit of extra cleaning power I use a mild wax safe car shampoo on a lambswool washmitt.

Bike looks awesome after 5 mins cleaning!

So, in conclusion - car shampoo if it's dirty and maybe some kind of degreaser on the bits that shampoo won't shift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts