RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a white leather Icon riding jacket and was wondering if any of you had suggestions for cleaning it and if I need to treat my leather with anything?
I have read that jackets need to be conditioned but this was on a manufacturer’s site, so they could just be trying to get me to spend my money. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,375 Posts
Hi. Welcome aboard. As leather is a natural product (animal skin), it needs regular conditioning or it will dry out and crack - just like that old pair of leather shoes in your closet.

There is a product called Wipe Out which is excellent for removing stains/cleaning light coloured leather without affecting the colour, and since it contains Lanolin it also conditions the leather.

My wife has a cream kid leather jacket which had denim stains on it - it took a while but I removed all the stains and the jacket looked like new (and no....I don't get paid to promote Wipe Out :))

Any leather conditioner will be good for your jacket - but be careful since it is white - some conditioners may stain it.

For black and brown leather I have always used saddle conditioner - easy to buy from any store selling equine accessories.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use Lexol leather cleaner and then conditioner on my 2 piece a* leathers. The two step process is important.

If you're in a bind and/or pressed for time, an all-in-one cleaner-conditioner could be used as a quick fix, but I'd caution against using a two-in-one product exclusively.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts