RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
just so you know stuweicker, you are my hero.
got the same 02, and everything on my list, you have done. if you need a new project, mine only has 7k miles... i'll swap. haha
if you get board- highjack your own threat and post as many pictures as you can of your ride.
sorry for the rant- love the ride man

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliment. I feel the same way about most of the bikes here. I took these photos last week just before I started the winter tear down. Here we go again!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Al's quoted me $799 to chrome my rims. 5 year warranty. Im responsible for shipping and disassembly of the bearings. I'm trying to get them off to him this week.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Did you get a quote from www.custom-chrome.com ? They're just down the road from you in Cambridge. If its any where close, could save some big coin in shipping!
Dean

·
Registered
670 Posts
I shipped my rims off to Bikes 2 NV on Thursday. 38lb box cost about $50 to send UPS across the border to Ohio.
My brother is a CBP officer at that border and does cargo almost exclusively. I'll ask him to put a rush on clearing your package!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your brother must have fast tracked them (lol). They went out for delivery on Monday. Too bad Bikes 2 NV is closed Monday. I'm not in a hurry. Weather will be crap here for the next 4 months anyways :( I did get my tank and fenders back from the painter today. Sweeeeeet!!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After talking with Al at Bikes 2 NV today, I opted for the trade in. So my new chromed rims shipped out today! Hopefuly I'll have them next week. If anyone's in the Cleveland area, Bikes 2 NV is at the motorcycle show there this weekend. Go check them out. Great people to deal with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.