RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
just so you know stuweicker, you are my hero.
got the same 02, and everything on my list, you have done. if you need a new project, mine only has 7k miles... i'll swap. haha
if you get board- highjack your own threat and post as many pictures as you can of your ride.
sorry for the rant- love the ride man

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliment. I feel the same way about most of the bikes here. I took these photos last week just before I started the winter tear down. Here we go again!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Al's quoted me $799 to chrome my rims. 5 year warranty. Im responsible for shipping and disassembly of the bearings. I'm trying to get them off to him this week.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Did you get a quote from www.custom-chrome.com ? They're just down the road from you in Cambridge. If its any where close, could save some big coin in shipping!
Dean

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$799 is for the set. 2 people advised me not to go to Cambridge. Bikes 2 NV have a good reputation. Their product seems durable and Al rides a Streak.

·
Registered
472 Posts
By the time it's all said and done you'll be into it for about a grand. Not bad. Now you've got me thinking.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I shipped my rims off to Bikes 2 NV on Thursday. 38lb box cost about $50 to send UPS across the border to Ohio.

·
Registered
717 Posts
eta on gettin your rims back??
are you gonna throw them on there when you get em or are you just gonna leave them off for the winter? surely you must be curious...

gonna look sweet man

·
Registered
670 Posts
I shipped my rims off to Bikes 2 NV on Thursday. 38lb box cost about $50 to send UPS across the border to Ohio.
My brother is a CBP officer at that border and does cargo almost exclusively. I'll ask him to put a rush on clearing your package!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your brother must have fast tracked them (lol). They went out for delivery on Monday. Too bad Bikes 2 NV is closed Monday. I'm not in a hurry. Weather will be crap here for the next 4 months anyways :( I did get my tank and fenders back from the painter today. Sweeeeeet!!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After talking with Al at Bikes 2 NV today, I opted for the trade in. So my new chromed rims shipped out today! Hopefuly I'll have them next week. If anyone's in the Cleveland area, Bikes 2 NV is at the motorcycle show there this weekend. Go check them out. Great people to deal with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts