RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so my wife is on me about my Christmas list to give to her parents but I'm not really sure what I want/need. Keeping it realistic, does anyone have any ideas about what I should ask for to make my 650R (or time spent on it) even better?

·
Banned
679 Posts
Alright so my wife is on me about my Christmas list to give to her parents but I'm not really sure what I want/need. Keeping it realistic, does anyone have any ideas about what I should ask for to make my 650R (or time spent on it) even better?
What do you have done to it thus far? and what year is it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you have done to it thus far? and what year is it?
Its a black 2008. So far all I've got done to it is the sportbars v3 and a tail kit. I know I really need a set of spools and a stand but I'm thinking I may want to pick those out myself.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Its a black 2008. So far all I've got done to it is the sportbars v3 and a tail kit. I know I really need a set of spools and a stand but I'm thinking I may want to pick those out myself.
Well my input...I have black widow front/rear stands. Cheap, good quality. Default pair of spools that I picked up from the dealer for like 20 bucks or some thing like that.

I don't like the look of clear windscreen on sport bikes. Zero gravity makes some nice looking, quality screens. Personally, I rock a Zerogravity Double Bubble in Dark Smoke. I'll post a pic below. Doesn't do much in the way of wind reduction, but the cosmetic bonus is par-none.

I'm not sure which tailkit you purchases, but I recently picked up the Ermax undertail. The blinkers are a little weak and small; and I know a few of the other tail kits are like that. So my remedy is an integrated taillight; that I will splice the wires so both the taillight and blinkers go off.

Not sure how deep your inlaws pockets go. But that's about all I can think of within a 100 bucks...unless you have some thing else in mind?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my input...I have black widow front/rear stands. Cheap, good quality. Default pair of spools that I picked up from the dealer for like 20 bucks or some thing like that.

I don't like the look of clear windscreen on sport bikes. Zero gravity makes some nice looking, quality screens. Personally, I rock a Zerogravity Double Bubble in Dark Smoke. I'll post a pic below. Doesn't do much in the way of wind reduction, but the cosmetic bonus is par-none.

I'm not sure which tailkit you purchases, but I recently picked up the Ermax undertail. The blinkers are a little weak and small; and I know a few of the other tail kits are like that. So my remedy is an integrated taillight; that I will splice the wires so both the taillight and blinkers go off.

Not sure how deep your inlaws pockets go. But that's about all I can think of within a 100 bucks...unless you have some thing else in mind?
I definitely like that windscreen and I think the dark smoke would look really good on a black bike. I may add that to my list. I wanted to keep the stock turn signals so as not to attract unneccesary attention so I went with the rkc sales tail kit. I would really prefer an intergrated (led especially) taillight though but I'm supposed to enforce the law instead of break it! Thanks for all of your advice.

·
Banned
679 Posts
I wanted to keep the stock turn signals so as not to attract unneccesary attention so I went with the rkc sales tail kit. I would really prefer an intergrated (led especially) taillight though but I'm supposed to enforce the law instead of break it! Thanks for all of your advice.
I've been informed that there is no such law in New York. I'm not sure about your laws, but if you wanted to add a little extra light in addition to those rear blinkers; you could probably get away with splicing in an integrated taillight ...Meaning having both the stock turn signals and the integrated taillight.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Do you all have kids? Does your wife ride with you? If so, how about the inlaws take care of the kids and pay for a romantic getaway for you and the wife. Win Win situation.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I definitely like that windscreen and I think the dark smoke would look really good on a black bike. I may add that to my list. I wanted to keep the stock turn signals so as not to attract unneccesary attention so I went with the rkc sales tail kit. I would really prefer an intergrated (led especially) taillight though but I'm supposed to enforce the law instead of break it! Thanks for all of your advice.
Definitly go black zg double bubble.. I have one installed on my diablo black 08 and it looks sick easy install and only like 70$.

another idea could be apparel..such as a leather or textile jacket if you don't have one yet.

·
Banned
357 Posts
What is realistic in terms of $'s. Is it $20, $50, $500?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the great advice. BTW, married with no kids.....wife thought I meant a mountain bike when I said I was buying a bike so no she definitely doesn't ride. Only let me get the 650R cause she thought it had "pretty sparkly paint". They usually get me one or two "big" presents of a couple hundred each.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Thanks for all the great advice. BTW, married with no kids.....wife thought I meant a mountain bike when I said I was buying a bike so no she definitely doesn't ride. Only let me get the 650R cause she thought it had "pretty sparkly paint". They usually get me one or two "big" presents of a couple hundred each.
Couple hundred? Go all out...get a pipe.

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Lee Parks Total Control riding school or equal and some gear.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good ole US cash! Spend it for gas, tires, oil changes, or whatever!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts