RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have been trying to figure out what the issue is with my 2012 ninja EX650. Before I had it, the bike was stored in a backyard wood shed for a while but was kept in good shape. I've been riding it for many months now and a couple months back the idle started to drop so I would adjust the idle speed every now and then. One day I was riding and the throttle kept shooting up for a few seconds a couple times then finally it stayed at 6000 rpm which I then found was because the idle adjustment was way too high.

So I'm assuming it was some gunk that got stuck somewhere and finally got pushed out or sucked in. Afterwards the check engine light came on and has been on sense but there was never a noticeable problem until recently. Every other day I will be idling at a stoplight and I hear a click and the rpms shoot down then come back to normal a couple times.

From what I read it may be the air pressure sensor not reading correctly. The input voltage was fine and the resistance between both the sensor and the ECU were fine. Would the most reasonable fix be to get a new sensor? They aren't very cheap and I want to make sure if I get one it was the issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts