RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an kawasaki ninja 650 2021 model, and from first ride the check engine didn't stop blinking after ignition and after driving it...I know I have waranty, but the service is in a town far away from me, and I just want to know if I can escape that blink without a trip to service...

·
West Coast Moderator
13,056 Posts
Probably best to have it checked out. The inconvenience of taking it to the dealer is probably cheaper than a worse case scenario.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Turn on the key.
Push the top button until it shows your ODO
Press and hold both the top and bottom button at the same time (for at least 2 seconds)
Codes will be displayed on the top RHS of the dash. Tell us which code it is (if it's more than one they will flash and cycle)

Might be something simple. But being that new it would be best to get it checked out. As an ex dealership employee I can tell you that most respectable dealers will try and accommodate you. Buying a new bike is great, but it sounds like yours didn't work right out of the box. 99.9% of the time that's a PDI issue.
KawiCodes.png

Your bike doesn't have all the stuff listed above but the codes are standard throughout Kawasakiland.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an kawasaki ninja 650 2021 model, and from first ride the check engine didn't stop blinking after ignition and after driving it...I know I have waranty, but the service is in a town far away from me, and I just want to know if I can escape that blink without a trip to service...
-You're better off taking it to the dealership while you still have the warranty. Remember it's only for 1yr, after that it's on you. Better safe than sorry too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts