RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know this might sounds stupid to you guys( due to i dont have my bike yet) But what does levers allow me to do that I cant do on my clutch right now.? I see settings on there 1-5 what is it there your actually adjust?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
they're basically the same, however the aftermarket levers offer shorter length for quick shifting or breaking with 2 fingers. And also there is the color option :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
oh and don't forget you can choose what color you want!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know this might sounds stupid to you guys( due to i dont have my bike yet) But what does levers allow me to do that I cant do on my clutch right now.? I see settings on there 1-5 what is it there your actually adjust?
As mentioned, the shorties are, well....shorter! And, they come in different colors rather than the basic OEM silver.

Also, they are adjustable just like the OEM ones. The adjustment is for how far from the handle they sit. If you have a smaller hand, you can adjust the lever to be closer to the bar so that you can reach it without lifting your hand off the bar. And of course, set it further out for bigger hands. They are also shaped so that they are easier to reach, look at the difference in the two photos:

The Original ones that came with the bike

The new ones:

Fi

·
Registered
271 Posts
As mentioned, the shorties are, well....shorter! And, they come in different colors rather than the basic OEM silver.

Also, they are adjustable just like the OEM ones. The adjustment is for how far from the handle they sit. If you have a smaller hand, you can adjust the lever to be closer to the bar so that you can reach it without lifting your hand off the bar. And of course, set it further out for bigger hands. They are also shaped so that they are easier to reach, look at the difference in the two photos:

The Original ones that came with the bike

The new ones:

Fi
Wow thanks allot great explanations. Im have to play around with mine as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Looks like we will be purchasing a set of shorties... The $10 replacement I got from the dealership didn't fit. Cheapest I've found for direct OEM replacement is $35, which is the same price as these basically.

I've got the '06 silver with the red frame... Think that "red" adjuster would match?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
it looks like it...that's the color adjuster i am going with for sure.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. But if it doesn't match... Holy tacky! LOL.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Ha. Nevermind, might be a moot point. BRP has em for inexpensive, and I need to place an order through them anyways. Will check with my girlfriend tonight, but I imagine I'll just get the OEM lever.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just an FYI: Take a close look at my photos and the color of the adjuster knob, then compare it to the red kill switch in the photo. The know isn't a true red, more of a wine color. I remember someone in another post who got a set of red ones stating the same thing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here are some pics of mine. They are standard length red with black adjusters for 06-08. I bought them from http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/the2wheels. They were $40.96 with shipping. I ordered them on Feb 22 and received them March 9. No probs with install what-so-ever.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just ordered my pair, and how did you get yours back so fast? where do you live? I might have to ask some questions on how to install later if I can not figure it out

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just ordered my pair, and how did you get yours back so fast? where do you live? I might have to ask some questions on how to install later if I can not figure it out
I live in MI. The seller shipped them the next day USPS so I guess that is why they arrived soo quick. The install is a piece of cake. As others have said, just re-use the bushing from the OEM clutch lever and you should have no problems.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Dang that's a pretty close color match to the frame, looks nice!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think I'm going to have to hold off on buying the levers.. my girlfriend found out I bought new mirrors and I think she got a bit agitated lol I have been spending a lot of money on my bike though.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
LOL!

My girlfriend gets agitated when I buy stuff for more bike and not for hers.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I guess it's good in my case because I sometimes forget how much I'm spending on my bike in a short period of time so in a way she helps keep me in check hahah

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
my girlfriend doesn't need to know how much i spend...sure she'll find out when i can't pay for dinner, but i'll still be happy!:D

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hah! I think that's what might have started it.. When I started buying motorcycle parts instead of doing things with her.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts