RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the throttle cables before? If so, is it a difficult process, do you have to remove the gas tank?

My cable snapped as I was leaving school and so my bike is stuck there, so any work done will have to be done in the school parking lot :(

Thanks in advance....

Scott

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
It would probably help to get them routed cleanly. I'm guessing you could just tilt up the rear to get enough room to work. The cables themselves are a bit annoying. Install them fully loosened and then tighten them to the correct length. The tighter they are during the install the more you'll wrestle with them and possibly mess one up.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The tank is easy to take off. It will just cause you more headache's to try to do it with the tank on. The clips that hold the cables at the throttle body are much easier to get to from the top with the tank out of the way, and they are still a pain.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I also suggest full tank removal, but more so, I suggest you try to get the bike home to do the work, but that's just me. Transporting all the tools you "think" you'll need doesn't always work. There will be something you really need and it's at home. Though, if it's not possible to get it home, good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I looked at it today, and your suggests all seem right, looks like ill have to take the gas tank off, which ive never done...

Now i really need to figure out a way to get it home!

Thanks again

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts