RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a new chain. Old chain was rusted from sitting at dealership for to long, sprockets are good, so says my friend. I've adjusted my chain several times because I've noticed that when I'm riding the chain makes a lot of noise and it makes me uncomfortable. I don't like riding it with the noise. The chain is loud, and when I'm riding it seems loose (Even though it's got 1.4" adjusted). When I'm riding, at any speeds, I also notice that the chain bounces a lot from left and right. It's starting to upset me greatly. :yell:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bike was at dealership?
Is it used and if so how many miles on the original drivetrain?
8-10k and it's pretty much worn where it won;t mesh properly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had 8.9K miles on it. I have the adjusters matched evenly on both sides as best as the eye can tell. I don't have any tools to say otherwise, and don't know how to measure it any other way.. I guess that could explain why it's bouncing a little left and right?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I suggest searching for chain wheel alignment methods. There are lots out there and which you use is personal preference. Solely using the marks on the adjusters is not accurate.

I don't know about the bouncing left and right thing. That would indicate a bent/warped sprocket which is unlikely. Maybe it will sort itself out once you align it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
9k and your chain has maybe worn just enough to where it won't mesh with a new sprocket. :2cents: But yeah alignment to sounds good. :glassesti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts