RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Needed to share some excitement....

Sent in the ECU on Friday - Ivan got it Monday and I have it back already (Wednesday!).
It's going back into the Z tomorrow...
Hopefully I get out on the Z before it rains....

Swapping back to the 15 tooth front sprocket on Friday.

I'm guessing I won't be clutching up much anymore...
you know unless I get flashed again by some hottie... (happened twice)
them wheelies are so spontaneous.... like a boner when your a teenager!

haha!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I thought I should follow up on this. The ECU upgrade is well worth the money in my opinion.
The bike pulls freaking hard everywhere. It also seems to gurgle a wee bit on deceleration like my old triumph so I love the sound. I have heard some minor popping along with the gurgle
but no shotgun backfires like the pre-FCE days. I loved going to the pump and selecting just an 89 octane! woot woot

Hats off to Ivan once again! If I ever sell this bike I'm buying something that Ivan buys lol! copycatting that $hit!

I'm still planning on putting the 15 tooth back on the front just for $hits and giggles.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I thought I should follow up on this. The ECU upgrade is well worth the money in my opinion.
The bike pulls freaking hard everywhere. It also seems to gurgle a wee bit on deceleration like my old triumph so I love the sound. I have heard some minor popping along with the gurgle
but no shotgun backfires like the pre-FCE days. I loved going to the pump and selecting just an 89 octane! woot woot

Hats off to Ivan once again! If I ever sell this bike I'm buying something that Ivan buys lol! copycatting that $hit!

I'm still planning on putting the 15 tooth back on the front just for $hits and giggles.
The way you ride, I'm surprised you tried the 16. I guess you have to find out for yourself, eh?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The way you ride, I'm surprised you tried the 16. I guess you have to find out for yourself, eh?
hehe... no real plans for touring this year so gas mileage - or giggles was my scale in weighing it all out.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Has anyone done this mod using there own exhaust? For example the M4 or Austin Racing cans with the arrow headers along with ivan's other mods?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Has anyone done this mod using there own exhaust? For example the M4 or Austin Racing cans with the arrow headers along with ivan's other mods?
Cooldaddygroove has these mods with a different exhaust setup. PM him.

Reactions: tony45x220

·
Registered
61 Posts
Am I reading this right? Are you guys that had the ECU flash seeing it is much easier to do a wheelie when not wanted? Is it any worse than if you were on a 1000 super sport?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Am I reading this right? Are you guys that had the ECU flash seeing it is much easier to do a wheelie when not wanted? Is it any worse than if you were on a 1000 super sport?
Correct. The flash fixes the neutered ignition timing curve in the lower 3 gears and adds around 10 hp to the bottom making it much easier to wheelie. With the short gearing these things come with stock (to make them feel fast with no hp for a liter bike), they do wheelie like a supersport after the flash and a full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Correct. The flash fixes the neutered ignition timing curve in the lower 3 gears and adds around 10 hp to the bottom making it much easier to wheelie. With the short gearing these things come with stock (to make them feel fast with no hp for a liter bike), they do wheelie like a supersport after the flash and a full exhaust.
Mine has done about 20+ track days and wheelies are controllable. I use full throttle once I am out of the low end

I did buy a steering damper since posting this... for some reason backroad wheelies are totally not controllable. ;)

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Mine has done about 20+ track days and it is controllable. I did buy a steering damper since posting this.
He's alive! Good to hear from you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
That was one part I did not realize. It shouldn't be that big a deal for me. Never owned a super sport but I usually take it easy. My biggest gain from it that I want is the less engine braking. If I ever have to do anything where a hand needs to come off the bars, if its not doable with the left hand, I have to stop. I am really tired of that. I want a smoother acceleration and deceleration for more comfort.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be like what you are imagining it to be.
The reflashing/tuning should smooth everything out. Make it run like it's supposed to be and not to satisfy any bureaucratic propaganda that our machines are required to meet.
On a tuned fast bike, You would hardly notice that you are already gaining speed. You'll be surprised that you were already doing 150mph. Plus the jerkiness of our bikes is because of that stupid eco mode that delays the throttle when you open it up again.

Plus, you still have the level 3 traction control. You'll be fine dude.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
That was one part I did not realize. It shouldn't be that big a deal for me. Never owned a super sport but I usually take it easy. My biggest gain from it that I want is the less engine braking. If I ever have to do anything where a hand needs to come off the bars, if its not doable with the left hand, I have to stop. I am really tired of that. I want a smoother acceleration and deceleration for more comfort.
Ivan will make you happy. After his flash it’s smoother on acceleration and deceleration (along with all the other benefits). After the flash you can take your hand off the throttle and it will no longer throw you into the tank.

You still have to "try" to make it wheelie so that won't be a problem for you.

Reactions: Trublupsu94

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey thanks guys! That's why I love this forum. Appreciate it. Will send it off to Ivan tomorrow. I'll be one of the testers as I have the 2014 flash that was just finished.

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
Hey thanks guys! That's why I love this forum. Appreciate it. Will send it off to Ivan tomorrow. I'll be one of the testers as I have the 2014 flash that was just finished.
You will not be a 'tester" in the sense that it is already completely tested. Ivan does great work. Even if the guy was a super douche bag I would still buy his stuff because it runs amazingly well. But there he is answering his own phone and being super nice to little old me and willing to talk to me and share information with me that I would never have any contact with if it were not for him. Treating me like an equal, and not what I really am, a super over grown kid who is amazed and intrigued by what he does and how he does it.

Reactions: Trublupsu94

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Any idea why he can't do canadian ECUS
He can. BWT had his done & he's one of you northern bros. Where'd you hear he couldn't?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just assumed he couldn't because on his site it said. " can reprogram for the following markets: USA, Europe and Australia. I guess the usa and canadian ECUS must be the same

·
Registered
142 Posts
How much $$ does the whole performance package usually run? Right now I'm just running dual acro carbon slip ons on stock pipes. No power comander, k & n air filter.

·
Registered
571 Posts
How much $$ does the whole performance package usually run? Right now I'm just running dual acro carbon slip ons on stock pipes. No power comander, k & n air filter.
I think Ivan prefers we not post prices on the internet forums. Give the guy a call, tell him your current set up and ask for a price quote. I bought his full performance package for my Ninja 1000 and do not regret one thin dime spent.......well worth every penny!!!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts