RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Caution regarding Ivan's Performance Mods... happyness will occur

Please review below before you decide to open your wallet.

1. You will lose that nice intake howl - although it comes back as a growl. :wink:

2. Your bike will become a fire breathing dragon.

3. Your face will hurt from all of the grinning.

sorry I had to create this thread. I'm like a kid at Christmas.... every time I ride.

Reactions: Exp.Matters

·
Registered
443 Posts
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the mods. I ordered Ivan's complete performance package for my Ninja 1000 two days ago. Ivan called me today to let me know that everything will ship on Monday :) I originally wanted the full dual system for my bike, but Ivan couldn't find the part from his supplier so I ended up settling on the single (4-2-1) system. I was pleasantly suprised when Ivan told me this morning that the Akra system showed up at his busines, and IT WAS THE DUAL SYSTEM!!!! Most of the modifications I've done to the bike thus far were focused around protecting the bike (R&G frame sliders, R&G engine covers, R&G radiator guard, tank pad, etc.... I've also ordered up Pazzo shorty levers, Rizoma sport grips, bar ends w/sliders, fluid reservoir and frame hole plugs. All of this stuff will be arriving next week. Can't wait to uncork this bike and see how it runs!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear that you are enjoying the mods. I ordered Ivan's complete performance package for my Ninja 1000 two days ago. Ivan called me today to let me know that everything will ship on Monday :) I originally wanted the full dual system for my bike, but Ivan couldn't find the part from his supplier so I ended up settling on the single (4-2-1) system. I was pleasantly suprised when Ivan told me this morning that the Akra system showed up at his busines, and IT WAS THE DUAL SYSTEM!!!! Most of the modifications I've done to the bike thus far were focused around protecting the bike (R&G frame sliders, R&G engine covers, R&G radiator guard, tank pad, etc.... I've also ordered up Pazzo shorty levers, Rizoma sport grips, bar ends w/sliders, fluid reservoir and frame hole plugs. All of this stuff will be arriving next week. Can't wait to uncork this bike and see how it runs!
Nice! I love the dual set up and I thought I could add a can later not realizing they are different sizes.
yah wait until you uncork it. It's a great bike out of the box but with Ivan's setup... it's a different bike. it's like walking up to a sleeping dragon and kicking it in the face. You are waking up the beast.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Ivan's setup sounds AWESOME for sure... BUT my set up I think is going to have to wait.

I just found out my daughter has been asked to goto the Domican Republic to compete in an International TKD Tourne come Feb...... This is a once in a liftime experiance for her so I need to find some dollars somewhere !!!... it is all in the intial stages so who knows at the moment

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ivan's setup sounds AWESOME for sure... BUT my set up I think is going to have to wait.

I just found out my daughter has been asked to goto the Domican Republic to compete in an International TKD Tourne come Feb...... This is a once in a liftime experiance for her so I need to find some dollars somewhere !!!... it is all in the intial stages so who knows at the moment

my kids before mods. Always. good for you bro.

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
my kids before mods. Always. good for you bro.
absolutely.... she is the one saving grace to my life.
It has been just me and her as I have been a single parent for most of her life and she is perfect, I could never have wanted a more perfect child. She has a tourne in Long Island in Sept which kind of sets things up for Feb. I just found out last night and nothing is set in stone but I know where all my pennies will be saved for JUST in case.

Sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
931 Posts
I had a feeling you were gonna go with this :). I think ivans has a winning combination for sure. I I love my bike!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm. I wonder if he'll give me his PCV map if I pick up a FCE.

Go do the Ivan changes. if you have done the Akra its just a little more of your hard earned to make it all come together...
He has a map that requires the BMC filter and airbox mod. I wasn't going to do that but I did just to get his map!
This bike is not the same animal since. it's so much better.

btw Autotune blows dead monkeys in comparison. Useless headache.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've done everything needed for the tune already I think. Filter, airbox mod, sub throttle plates removed. I just want the FCE and tune. I have an Autotune sitting around but I'm too lazy to install it. Did you do the block off plates?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've done everything needed for the tune already I think. Filter, airbox mod, sub throttle plates removed. I just want the FCE and tune. I have an Autotune sitting around but I'm too lazy to install it. Did you do the block off plates?
yeah my shop did it all. return the autotune!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Must be hit or miss with the auto- tune, mines been flawless
maybe I'm just too much of a techtard. my experience was brutal.

sorry I'm not trying to slag your choices or mods. I'm just so much happier with what I have now and it was plug and play.

I just found the whole experience to be crappy. Can you post your last fuel table ? I would like to see what numbers you have?

thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
I havent got anything to compare it to but my autotune has also been hassle free so far ...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Whats the cost for the ivans treatment?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yea, cost for parts, and what it cost to have the mechanic/shop install it all for you.. I'm tempted to do these mods after awhile - in no way can I afford it now though..

BTW, now that there is the ECU reflash available from Dynotronics, is Ivan's FCE and tune a waste of money? Why not just to the airbox mod, the full system, and the ECU reflash? Is the ECU reflash not gonna be adjusted to the full system or something?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts