RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drained.... correction tried to drain some fuel out of my carbs and realized these things are all gummed up...... omg this poor thing sat for years. Anyways my carburetors are gummed up and need cleaning just using sea foam I don't think will be good enough because the bike won't hold an idle now that I've replaced the carb boots. Problem is I used all my carb cleaner working on my cars cv boots. So I thought about it and like a bell it smacked my the head..... no literally fell off my shelf and a can of acetone gave me a big *** lump on my head. What about acetone I Google it and some guys are using pine sol and other household cleaner that I would think would gum it up more..... can I use acetone instead of carb cleaner on the inside and outside of this gummy little project of mine...... lol

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
And old user here swore by pinesol, letting it soak and blowing it out with compressed air. Add in some ultrasonic vibration while soaking in pinesol and Bob's your uncle.
Acetone may be a bit hard on any rubber bits you can't remove such as choke stuff. You just need to dissolve the fuel (oil product) deposits. Soaking in a cleaner will do it, just takes a bit longer.

Reactions: csmyth42001
1 - 4 of 4 Posts