RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't see why they couldn't make one for our bike if they wanted to...

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Whether they make 1, or a million, $800 for a seat is still extremely expensive.
i was trying to say that the more units over which to spread its costs, the lower the manufacturer can price his product. of course, the product must be one the marketplace decides it can't live without.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Probably because they sold about 10 of them, and it made the tail look like a giant whle phallus.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Holy crap, that thing is fugly. What's up with Corbin, their seats are getting more ugly and more expensive as years go by. Their 650R seat was ugly too. They used to make seats that were comfortable, reasonably priced and good looking too.

As far as storage, I use a backpack if I need it. Recently , I picked up a Kawasaki Messenger Bag. It's a sling rather than a backpack, but it has an extra side strap for securing it. So it goes over one shoulder, but it stays on. Very well built and full featured bag, but it only comes in the fast color. One problem I had with regular backpacks is the straps always get caught on my elbow and shoulder armor. This pack solves that - super easy on and off with a clip.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't care for a heated seat. I'd rather have a heated vest or gloves.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
That's true, but do you really think they would get cheaper if a lot of people bought them?
If a lot of people started buying them, competitors would pop up which would drive the price down.

For $800 I can put you in touch with a guy who will cover your seat with real alligator or shark or stingray. He sure makes some beautiful seats.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I don't care for a heated seat. I'd rather have a heated vest or gloves.
Have you tried a heated seat? I have one on my touring bike and it is nice. The best part is it is always on the bike so you don't have to remember to carry the heated gear if you start out at noon when it is warmer and then find yourself still riding when the sun goes down. I need to add heated grips to that bike also.

I do have heated gloves and jacket liner. The only negative is that you have to stop to put them on when it is getting cold, or stop to take them off when it warms up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts