RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
What, because it has 3 wheels it can't be fun? Useful? Or?

I hear they are a hoot to ride.

What if you can no longer hold a bike up?

What if your riding partner is afraid of 2 wheels, but wants to tour with you?

What if you want something different?

What if you want a bike you can ride in all weather conditions? (someone say studs?? hehehe)

I'm sure I can think of other "reasons."

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
My buds wife bought one last year..... talk about impulse buy but she loves it. They have a Goldwing and out for a ride one day there was a demo day for Spyders, loved it and took it home. She grew up in the dunes on two and four wheels but being more than a passenger on two wheels on the road was what she wanted till the Spyder. You just cant keep her off it but it is worlds apart from riding on two wheels.
So he decided the Goldwing is up for sale and a Concours in in the future for him

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
For me the draw to motorcycling is being out there in the elements and the curves.

Trikes suck in the curves.

I do understand trikes though for someone who rides in a group or club. You can't drive your car during a group ride, but you can a trike.

If they made a trike that leaned and carry luggage I would have one when I can't hold up my bikes anymore.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
For me the draw to motorcycling is being out there in the elements and the curves.

Trikes suck in the curves.

I do understand trikes though for someone who rides in a group or club. You can't drive your car during a group ride, but you can a trike.

If they made a trike that leaned and carry luggage I would have one when I can't hold up my bikes anymore.
They already do

·
Registered
749 Posts
I saw one this winter. I had no clue what it was. I wanted to make fun of it, but its hard to knock a guy riding on the interstate at 22 degrees.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
With the piaggio you can hit the corners hard because you aren't going to wash the front end out on that thing.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
To bad they had to be lame enough to speed up the video, looks like it has a good wind screen.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The real reason to buy a Can-Am is; because a snowmobile needs snow to lube the tracks. In the summer, how can one do that?

Has anyone ridden one of those things?
If you haven't, let me tell you, the TC shutters the fuel mapping horribly-Talk about upsetting a chassis mid corner.
This thing is for folks who have no balance, or old people. It's a hopped up Rascal scooter. Soon Wal-Mart will have a whole line of them plugged into battery tenders for the heavy folks to ride around in while they shop.

But the one good thing is that it'll smoke the rear tire for a city block if you twist the throttle wide open.
If you get hit by one of these things while walking along an aisle in WalMart, it could be serious.
Of if your foot got run over by the tire...

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are benefits to not leaning over. I used to think bikes were better in the curves until I drove a sports car on a track with bikes. They're all in their own world thinking they're fast going slow as hell in the curves, unable to see what's behind in the mirror, and not waving any cars by. Of course they're fast on the straight and then slow as hell again on the next turn. Then comes the KTM X-Bow or Ariel Atoms or other light open air cars. There are benefits to being in the open and not leaning over. I still think bikes are the ultimate street ride and a lot more fun/challenging on the track. I'm not sure if Spyders have any benefit to handling like the X-Bows though with the 3 tires vs 4. If someone made a 1 seater that was around the price of a bike, and had extra tires for performance reasons - I'd be interested

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That Ariel Atom is one hot little car.

I like the Piaggio, too. I think there are a few other scooters with 3 tires like this one also.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.