RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
2,648 Posts
I have a flip phone. It works great.
I had a flip phone back in the early 2000s when they first came out. My then partner worked for Vodafone and she got all the latest phones for free. I really liked it. I also had a really small flip phone (Sharp I think) which I could fit into the change pocket of my jeans...very cool. Then my eyes got worse and that tiny screen became harder to see.

Now I just have a Chinese cell phone. Takes decent pics, works well, has lasted 3 years at a cost of $100US. I can't complain.

·
Registered
2003 zr-7s
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
"....and I also have a back up PC incase the laptop dies. .." That is probably a good idea especially for me when I'm out in the garage and could use a laptop to view things online while I'm working on something.

All my stuff is backed up on a 1-tetra offline drive, and photos are all backed up offsite and looking into also backing up photos on Google photos?/. I'l have my son figure it out for me this weekend, as I don't want to spend a ton of time researching it....I'm a busy man & can leave these things to someeone w immdeiate anwsers. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
My riding buddies made me get a phone in case we got separated on a ride. And I thought it a good idea if I crashed alone. Used properly it's a fantastic convenience and amazing technology.
You punch in the numbers and... "Hello, it's me. How are you? Goodbye."
$15/month.

·
Administrator
2,648 Posts
All my stuff is backed up on a 1-tetra offline drive.
Good idea. My PC hard drive died a while back - all those pics and files lost. Pretty disappointing.

·
Administrator
2,648 Posts
You can bring a hard drive that has failed to a computer expert and they can retrieve what's on it.
Yes, that's true. I tried a few different file recovery software. The best free one is Recuva, but it didn't work on the HDD as my laptop and PC didn't recognise it. I will take it to one of the PC gurus here and see, but I'm pretty sure that it's shot and unrecoverable.

Reactions: Zed7

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
You can bring a hard drive that has failed to a computer expert and they can retrieve what's on it.
That depends on how it failed. I've had older drives (non SSD's) that had damage that was not recoverable.
It was possible to send it away to a place where they'd disassemble and rebuild the drive in a clean room, but this is usually reserved for high end business stuff and would have cost me thousands of dollars without any guarantee they'd get all the data back. I still have the hard drive in case I win the lotto to get the data recovered.

Reactions: Ozninjaguy and Zed7
41 - 49 of 49 Posts