RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just purchased another 2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500 with 12,000 miles on it. When Should I install the Cam Chain Tensioners Extenders?? Is there any reason to wait to install them? All replies are welcome.

Bc2

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You, just ordered the extenders from Badacebillet. I also know that the Steering stem bearings can have an issue. Should I just go ahead and replace them and add a Zerk fitting like what was done on my other bike?

Bc2

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can't help you on that one. Maybe someone else can chime in on the steering stem.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Thank You, just ordered the extenders from Badacebillet. I also know that the Steering stem bearings can have an issue. Should I just go ahead and replace them and add a Zerk fitting like what was done on my other bike?

Bc2
The bike is 16 years old. If you have no evidence that any of the bearings have been serviced, might just want to go ahead and service / inspect all the bearings.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Who sells these tensioners? anyone on LI NY who knows how to install these? im a little leery to do it alone..

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi All,

I just purchased another 2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500 with 12,000 miles on it. When Should I install the Cam Chain Tensioners Extenders?? Is there any reason to wait to install them? All replies are welcome.

Bc2
I added mine at 59,xxx miles. Easy to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts