RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Paul Fuller, of bada$$intakes.com/Fuller CNC, has been gracious enough to make some quality cam chain extenders for us budget-minded Mean Streak owners. He made 32 sets. These are made from stainless steel then polished. That may not seem too important but when Conmar was at the Heart of Dixie Tour #3 he presented us with some extenders he had purchased a while back from a different source that were still wrapped up in the shipping paper. When he unrapped them we were all surprised to see that some rust had set in.

If you are interested in getting a set of precision stainless steel cam chain extenders for $15 + shipping then email Paul at [email protected]. These also fit a variety of other Kawasaki/Suzuki models with the 1500/1600 engine, such as the Classic, Nomad, M90 and M95 and possibly others. So if you know someone with one of those other models then let them know about this awesome deal.

Here is an excellent write up on how to install cam chain extensioners

·
Registered
59 Posts
What is the purpose?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
They're actually "cam chain tensioner extensions" to keep tension on the cam chains. The UtahMotorcyclist link above has a quick explanation that's as good as I could give, and there's Gadget's Cam Chain Tensioner Extenders that I went by when I did mine.

·
Registered
764 Posts
email sent.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've got a pair already from Paul and they appear to be very well made, as we're the risers. I haven't gotten them installed yet because of sinus/allergy issues kicking my butt over the last week and a half, but once I get over this and read thru those instructions a few more times I'm going to give it a go!

Does anyone know if I will need to remove my exhaust, or just the intake (stock) to get to that "front" one??

·
Registered
346 Posts
Email sent for 2 sets...

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I had to remove the rear exhaust to get to the one on the rear cylinder. Still an easy job.

·
Registered
748 Posts
ill have to check mine sometime this week

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have big hands and a big pipe but still managed without removing anything
All I can think about when I read that is that T-Rex on Meet The Robinsons: "I have a big head and little arms. I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through..........Master?"

·
Registered
748 Posts
i definitely need a set for my bike it is at its travel limit email sent

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got my 2 sets today. Look great and individually sealed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts