RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
El Controlador
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Ive been gone a while, a year as a matter of fact. Ill be back stateside very soon, Im moving to the Dayton area in early november.

So my question is, what is the winter weather there like? Can I ride there all year? I know it will be cold, but how often is there snow or ice actually ON the ground? Do you guys just winterize your bikes, or keep them fresh by continuing to ride occasionally?

Im hoping to still put in some miles over the winter, having been gone(from the states and my Zed), I dont want have to wait ANOTHER 4-5 months to ride it again.

Thanks in advance!

KX

·
El Controlador
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that like "YOU CANT" ride during the winter months, or is that like "most people would prefer not to" ride during the winter months?

KX

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Is that like "YOU CANT" ride during the winter months, or is that like "most people would prefer not to" ride during the winter months?

KX
Well it depends on what kind of winter we have. This year, up here east of Columbus, we had snow on the ground all through January and February. We usually don't get our first snow until late December/early January. Once that happens, the salt hits the roads and it's not coming off until a decent rain comes through.

So I guess when it snows and the roads are cleared off, you could ride as much as you want to...as long as you don't mind melting snow and sludges of salt getting all over your bike. Some winters are worst than others, sometimes we'll only get one snow all winter and its gone within a few weeks.

·
El Controlador
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, youre harshin my mellow Jason. I wonder how similar it is in the dayton area. I guess its a little south and a little west of columbus.

Suck, I sure dont want to go 16 months without riding.

Kx

·
Registered
279 Posts

KX
"Most people would prefer not to"
Salt put it away, rain, wash, rinse, ride, repeat.
Welcome to Ohio!
Very unpredictable weather at times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts