RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the looks of the round tornado intake more than the square intake with the forcewinder. But I love the forcewinder filter more than the tornado filter lol. Can you give me measurements? Will the forcewinder filter fit on the tornado intake? The tornado intake is a 3 inch tube I THINK but I don't know what the specs on the forcewinder filter are. Can you help me?? Thanks!

·
Registered
748 Posts
the forcewinder is a 2.5" filter. I went through the same thing for my l&m cover and even tried calling k&n to find one that would fit to no avail. wish i could be more help and if you have any other questions on these two intakes im all know how.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
I love the looks of the round tornado intake more than the square intake with the forcewinder. But I love the forcewinder filter more than the tornado filter lol. Can you give me measurements? Will the forcewinder filter fit on the tornado intake? The tornado intake is a 3 inch tube I THINK but I don't know what the specs on the forcewinder filter are. Can you help me?? Thanks!
I went that route once with open filter, on both styles of intakes. Sold both on here, I will see if I can find part number for the 2.5" filter

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got the forcewinder, it does literally push your right leg out, but I put up with it because I absolutely love the look of the thing. My Highway hawk forwards have a wide enough peg so I'm not in danger of loosing my footing as you would with a stock peg. Footboards are against my religion !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I hear from both companies is that the tornado intake has a 3 in outer diameter tube and the forcewinder filter has a 3 in tube opening so at least, from what I hear from the companies, is that they will fit together. Hopefully that's true!

·
Registered
748 Posts
i can measure this weekend and let you know but im 99% its 2.5" on the forcewinder.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I compare price mixing and matching its going to be more expensive than if i just get one or the other. Honestly I like them both but I like the bigger forcewinder filter. But I'd go for whatever one has proven itself a little more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ordered the thunder tornado intake with their filter. it looks pretty bad *** so i'm happy with it haha! as for a tuner i'm looking at the pc3. i read somewhere that there is a pc5? is one better than the other?? where is everyone putting their powercommander?? i want to install accent lights on it too so i need to know where i can put some control boxes!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
put them under/inside the left side cover above the tool kit or relocate the tool kit & use all the space, plus it locks with the key

·
Registered
748 Posts
under the seat is where mine is located just behind the battery.

·
Registered
764 Posts
i ordered the thunder tornado intake with their filter. it looks pretty bad *** so i'm happy with it haha! as for a tuner i'm looking at the pc3. i read somewhere that there is a pc5? is one better than the other?? where is everyone putting their powercommander?? i want to install accent lights on it too so i need to know where i can put some control boxes!
You can't use the PC5 on the mean streak.

You may want to search on here, several members have gotten rid of their controllers all together and report better mileage and performance. I have not tried dumping mine yet and have no opinion - you just may want to read up before you buy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
put them under/inside the left side cover above the tool kit or relocate the tool kit & use all the space, plus it locks with the key
How do I relocate the tool bag?? Is there a kit to buy for it? Sorry for all the questions just so much I can do to this bike haha.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can't use the PC5 on the mean streak.

You may want to search on here, several members have gotten rid of their controllers all together and report better mileage and performance. I have not tried dumping mine yet and have no opinion - you just may want to read up before you buy.
So with a tornado intake and cobra straight pipes with the stock map would be better than a power commander with the? That seems like a long shot...i don't see how that's possible...I want to dyno the bike as I go for each mod. I have the pipes but that's how it came. Interesting read I bet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts