RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've had a chance to try out my Corbin with an 85kg passenger (son, not wife, although not a lot of difference) I cannot recommend the seat too strongly. There was not one moment that I felt as though I was being pushed forwards, or that I had to push backwards. For carrying passengers the seat is a fantastic improvement. And, of course, it's great for solo as well.

It takes about 5-6 weeks to be delivered from the USA. I got mine in a sort of texture pattern (little indentations in the leather), with extra stitching down (cos the importer said that in rare cases he has seen the leather part company from the foam). The colour is all black, including the piping on the edges. I felt that anything else would look at little tizzy. I also treated it with beeswax (as recommended).

If anyone would like to see it let me know and I'll post one or two photos.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After reshaping my stock seat and using a sheep skin cover on long rides I find it OK. Riding with a passenger is hell I must admit. If I could buy one off the shelf in Melbourne I might be tempted.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, everyone complains about the standard seat because it's crap !! Or maybe your nether regions actually have a Japanese profile ? Not trying to be a smart-arse, but maybe the stock seat does actually suit some people more than others. My bum is pretty skinny / boney, so maybe that's why it's so bad for me.

For the Corbin, I would use the dishwasher argument - you don't know how much you need one until you have one.

Anyway, here's a picture - doesn't really show off the seat to its fullest advantage, but you get the idea - it's deeply (I mean deeply) scalloped to fit the rider, as well as being contoured so you don't slide forward all the time (in fact, not at all), and the passenger part has a front section that angles upwards rather than downwards, so the passenger doesn't slide into you either, even under heavy braking.

http://unite.com.au/~u7061a/newseat.jpg

It'll cost you about $600, or maybe a little less if you do some hard talking. Got mine through Brighton Kawasaki (nice guys). I actually got a pretty good deal on my bike when I bought it (in Geelong), so spending money on the seat was like spending money I had already saved anyway.

Scott

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hi Scott,

In Silicon Valley you can order any new motorcycle with a really comfortable seat. Most computer nerds want a seat just like the one in the office.

Andy

image created with photoshop

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy - whatever you're on, stop it at once !!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Andy,

Where can I order one of those. I think my stock seat is okay
(I've got plenty of natural cushion too). :)
But would be interested in something that would let me lean
back so I can take some cell phone calls. :D

Once again, another great pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts