RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you California zr-7 / 7s owners interested in group ride? I met Andy on Saturday (hwy 35/84), let me know. I've never seen another zr on the road until Saturday. It's good to see other ZR riders out there. By the way, love the web site, it's very informative. Keep it up..........:D

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
California ZR-7/7s riders

I keep trying to hook-up with some of the S.D. folks, but the military keeps me busy these days. Maybe when we get the business at hand under control, I can do some social riding instead of just communiting. :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm still new to riding bikes (although it's alot easier than getting the hang of this new forum) :)

Anyway, when I'm more comformatbe riding I'd definitely like to take part in a group ride down San Diego way.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Anyone Wanna Try for Next Sat.?

I think things are getting kinda taken care of. So I'm gonna try to ride next Sat. if anyone wants to go. I was thinking about going up to Ramona and over to Oceanside and back down the coast.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Friday Night and Saturday

I'm free Friday night. I may just head down town and see what the sport bikes are doing unless someone has a plan. Saturday is also a "GO".

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hey martin, i'm glad your schedule is clearing. is that downtown san diego or el cajon on friday? i think i could be free saturday for a spin, i'll check the schedule and let you know tomorrow.

scott

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
San Diego, in the Gaslamp

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hey martin :) i've got to check with my girlfriend to see what's on our schedule but i should be able to meet you either friday night to hang or saturday to ride :) more later.

scott

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Anyone going to be around the San Bernardino area? (I-10, I-15, I-5, etc.) I've been rididng around the mountains a lot. Let me know if anyone is close to this area and wants to ride.

P.S. How far is it from here to San Diego? Anyone know?

Emrah

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
it's about 100 miles from san bernardino to san diego. i won't have time anytime soon but when i do i'd be willing to take the ride up and shoot around the mountains for the day :) i'd also be happy to show you around the local roads here if you make it down.

scott

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Yeah Scott, I'm open all day Saturday for riding. What time and where?

It takes about an hour from my house to Temecula (I-15/215 split).

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
hey martin, the earlier the better. i'd like to start around 7:00am to beat the fall tourist traffic in the mountains and then get back with some of the day left. i'm up in encinitas but i'll probably be staying in north park friday night so i can meet you anywhere between north park and your place to start. i don't know the roads down there being more of a north county guy but i'd like to hit some twisty mountain roads. what do you suggest?

scott

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Hwy 94 is decent. There's some fast ones and some tight ones. But it's also a nice road to just relax and take it all in, too. Take 94 east to Boulevard and come back Old Hwy 80 through Pine Valley and back over through the south/east side of Alpine and complete the loop back to 94 on Honey Springs Rd and either go out by Otay Lakes to 805 or back into Spring Valley (I-8/125/94 area). I'll meet you at Carl's Jr. at the intersection of Hwy 94 and Campo Rd. Do you know where that is? E-mail me the closest HWY/FWY area to where you're gonna be and I'll give you good directions.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Scott and I got together today and had a pretty good ride. All told it was just over 140 miles (for me, him a few more because he lives in North County). It started out kinda miserable because of the fog. Stopped to let the fog burn off and a guy on a Harley stopped and talked for a while (He seemed to like 2 Blue ZR's together. He really liked the color).
Standing there with both bikes together was pretty cool, and I found a manufacture difference between our bikes. His was made 6/99 mine 10/99. On carb #4 there is a hose on his that goes back to either the air box or the evaporative box, on mine the same hose goes forward to????. I'm sure it's just more junk to help way it down and appease the environmental groups.
The day turned out to be a pretty good ride (When you come home and take a nap, it was a good day). No crashes or close calls. Just a few other bikes on the road. Car and truck traffic was almost non-existant. Temps were just about perfect. Any day on a bike is a good day. The other things just make it all the better.:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
martin, thanks for riding a great lead. i've got to learn more about the roads south of the 8. martin gave me lots of historical background at every stop. he's familiar with the area because he works there. i now have a much more interesting way ot get home from julian.

so you napped out too, huh? i passed out cold for three hours after i got home.

when i dropped my bike off at the house of motorcycles (6000 mile service) there was a guy (geoff somebody) doing a trials riding demonstration. nice guy, he put on a great show and then signed posters for all the kids afterward.

thanks again martin. next time, palomar :) maybe desert will have his bike back and will be able to join us.

scott :)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Geoff Aaron. He's, like, the 7 or 8 time U.S. trials champ. He does a show here in El Cajon during "Mid-night Madness" at "Motoworld of El Cajon".
I'll try to get a riding schedule down. I gotta start taking the boys out in the dirt now that it's cooling off. I'm trying to get my wife on the 175 and then try to get her worked up into road bike also. I'm not holding my breath. But she is getting a new helmet for x-mas.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Let me just reply with Grrrrrrrrrr...................

I miss my beloved she devil (as my friend as named it), i know that it will be sweet when i get it back, I know I cant gripe about how much this is costing me (free), but sheeesh!!! I wanna ride!

I am glad you two had a fun ride. I also have the ZR-7, blue. how cool would it be for 3 blue bikes together?

I will let ya know something this week. hopefully i can get it back soon!

Desert!

1 - 20 of 190 Posts