RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Removed due to being imcompatible with fashion statement riders.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks much better from the side. The "V" cut would help the front look - I don't think a tall windshield is going to look any better than that. It's good to see an option in that regard.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks much better from the side. The "V" cut would help the front look - I don't think a tall windshield is going to look any better than that. It's good to see an option in that regard.
Yeah, it may not look as good as the Puig or Powerbronze, and certainly this bike looks best with the stock fairing, but I believe this windshield offers the best protection for this bike to date.

My vanity goes out the window when it comes to 8+hr rides at freeway speeds for several days or when the weather turns nasty cold right prior to our snowy winters.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not bad at all! I'll second the vote for the V notch - I think that would go a long way in the form department without compromising the function.

So what can you tell us about pricing and availability??

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's not like it's a permanent fixing.

This big *** screen if you go touring or want practicality, the stock one for being a hooligan and posing.

It's nice to have the option.

·
Registered
598 Posts
If it does the job then it's not a bad looking screen. I've seen a lot of "laminar lip" stuff and cuts in the sides at the top for turbulence reduction. I have also seen slots at the bottom of screens to reduce back-pressure. :2cents: A lot of people had issue with the Puig racing screen on the second-gen but when I see one without a Puig they look funny to me. :glassesti

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have it as a clip on?

Perfect for long rides, just wondering if the little 4 bolts can handle the pressure?
Just what I was thinking, a very good point as the screws are only held in rubber expansion grommets and the amount of pressure they would have to hold at 100mph would be considerable. But saying that, it is a very practical screen, especially if you do a lot of commuting. If it could be clipped to the existing screen for easy removal I would buy one today.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not bad at all! I'll second the vote for the V notch - I think that would go a long way in the form department without compromising the function.

So what can you tell us about pricing and availability??
It's in the link in my original post. I think I saw a price of about 95.00 next to the 'add to cart' button, so I'm pretty sure it's available now. I have already put my vote in to add the v-notch, so if some more people gave him their input he'll probably make that happen.

Interesting what you all are saying about the mount strength. Marks has a contact e-mail at the website and I'm sure he could answer that question. That way he'd know that more people than just me are interested.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Like I said on the other forum, I think this is a great product for those that have the need for this type of wind deflection. If and when I get this bike, I may very well order one up!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi guys,

It now has a notch. Sorry, I have no pictures, just the CAD drawing.

The VStrom 1000 windshield is held on the same way, 4 screws into well nuts. Our shield for that bike is taller and wider. The bike goes nearly 140. Never had a complaint.

$95, available now. Numbers strictly limited to what we think we can sell. Buy yours quick before we run out and have to make more.
Hey Mark, I love your product!

Please get us some updated pics ASAP, and please include some "full bike shots" this time, both from the side and from the front, thanks! :notworthy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice job Mark! Any pics and results yet? I'm deciding between this one or the puig screen. I'm thinking about this one because it fits my everyday commuting to and from work. I have a tank bag in the way so i can't tuck in very good. But hopefully this one will eliminate the need for that. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
would like to get one but the postage is really a killer......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered Mark's wind screen. On my porch 2 days latter. On my bike 5 minutes latter. Qualitly piece of plastic. Come's with cloth storage bag, micro fiber cloth & cleaner. Plus a nice tire pressure gauge. Neck down , nice calm pocket. Helmet is in a softer , non-turbulent, wind. H ad bike up to 90 MPH, shield was very stable. The guy know's something about arrowdynamic's. Don't know how to post picture, but I think it look's good on bike. If you want to style the other way, it only take a few minute's to put the small one back on. I never post stuff, just read alot. But I was very impressed with this. So had to say sumpin. Oh yeah, cheaper than buying a new Ninja-1000 to cut a hole in the wind.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sound just what I am looking for, as the Barracuda ive got isnt quite long enough so if you can email me any pic’s I will post them up. As there is a lot of people that want to see what the mark 2 looks like?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ordered Mark's wind screen. On my porch 2 days latter. On my bike 5 minutes latter. Qualitly piece of plastic. Come's with cloth storage bag, micro fiber cloth & cleaner. Plus a nice tire pressure gauge. Neck down , nice calm pocket. Helmet is in a softer , non-turbulent, wind. H ad bike up to 90 MPH, shield was very stable. The guy know's something about arrowdynamic's. Don't know how to post picture, but I think it look's good on bike. If you want to style the other way, it only take a few minute's to put the small one back on. I never post stuff, just read alot. But I was very impressed with this. So had to say sumpin. Oh yeah, cheaper than buying a new Ninja-1000 to cut a hole in the wind.
Pics uploaded

·
Registered
76 Posts
i am not one to criticise and it may be effective but boy that is horribilis rex i'm sorry to say.......... it absolutely destroys a gorgeous bike...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts