RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I went today to try out the alpinestars SMX-6 V2 boots, seeing as this is my first pair of motorcycle boots I wanted the absolute safety for my commute to my University and my rides. I tried a euro 42 size (that's what I usually wear on my casual shoes), foot went in well and didn't have any pain on the toes, although I did have some minor squeezes on the sides of the foot. My main issue is that although I can walk with the boot perfectly and its comfy I can't close the boot all the way (zipper doesn't go all the way up and neither does the velcro all the way to the side). The shop staff said that it would be fine and that I wouldn't have an issue, I left the shop because they didn't have a size 43 to test but the staff said that calf sizes are the same on all sizes of the boot. I'm troubled by this because when i forced the velcro and zipper to go as back as possible when I stood up the velcro came undone(clearly a safety hazard). I want some help as to if going a size up will change anything or if I should give up on the boot altogether. Thank you very much for your answers beforehand!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, go one size up. If that doesn't help with your calf situation, you may need boots that are made for big calves (yes, they have those!).

Those salespeople are clowns for trying to sell you something that doesn't fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts