RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

To those of you who check messages at the ZR-7 group on yahoo this messsage may be a little redundant. I just picked up a new ZX-9 two days ago and I am planning on selling my ZR-7 in a month or two once the bike frenzy begins up here in Rhode Island. The dealer only wanted to give me $3,000 for my ZR-7 and I feel that I can get at least $4,000 for it if I sell it myself. The Kelley Blue Book actually says that it should retail for $4,800!!! I have the Buell flyscreen, lower fairing, and fender eliminator all installed on the bike (at a cost of almost $2,000). After seeing the KBB suggested retail price I'm tempted to go higher, more like $5,000. What do you guys think??

Matt Ream

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Jarel is right. I just sold my bike and the stuff that would have been on it didn't make a bit of difference in price, so I pulled it all off and sold it individually. You make a lot more money that way and can still get close to blue book.

Pull off the aftermarket stuff and sell it on here. People are pretty good about buying stuff. I sold my Corbin and D&D in less than a couple hours after posting them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably try to sell the bike with all the mods first just to see what happens, and if that doesn't work hopefully you all are interested in some bodywork!

Thanks

Matt Ream

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I got dibs on the fender eliminator kit as long as it doesn't require hacking off the OEM fender! :)

kelly

·
Registered
106 Posts
can i have second dibs on the fenda elimanator. ciuse what funs buying a new bike if you cant cut it up. or buying a new anything if you cant cut it up and personalize it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i hate to tell you all, but the fender elimator can't come off. The entire stock fender had to come off and after drilling 3/4 inch diameter holes into the rear end of the bike to install the mini blinkers it's pretty much a done deal. If you look at the pics on ZR-7.com you'll get the idea. So you'll just have to buy the whole bike!!!

And the lower fairing I installed is basically a more stylish belly pan.

Anyone want a ZR-7??

Matt Ream

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry... The lower fairing I got from Free Street Design (see
ZR-7.com). I dealt with a guy named Franck, and he was great. They are a French company and were very helpfull, I speak French so the language barrier wasn't a problem, but his English is very good, so if you're interested please contact him. Also, a photo of my hugger is on their website as part of a showcase for the ZR-7, pretty cool huh?

Matt Ream

1 - 11 of 11 Posts