RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buzzing sound, between 3-4K, only in the first three gears. Sounds like a relay, or the stock horn rattling (which I no longer have). Can't duplicate it, sitting still. And it does not happen, above 4th gear.

I've de-rattled the fairing long ago. This sounds like it might be under the front of the tank, and maybe on the exhaust side of the bike.

It's loud enough to anoy me, with ear plugs on, under my helmet. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a buzzing sound, between 3-4K, only in the first three gears. Sounds like a relay, or the stock horn rattling (which I no longer have). Can't duplicate it, sitting still. And it does not happen, above 4th gear.

I've de-rattled the fairing long ago. This sounds like it might be under the front of the tank, and maybe on the exhaust side of the bike.

It's loud enough to anoy me, with ear plugs on, under my helmet. Any ideas?
+1

·
Registered
145 Posts
i've had the issue before and found out it was my little clutch tightener thingy, not sure what the hell it is, but it's that round deal just past your clutch that you can twist. That was making my annoying rattleing noise cause it's lose and the vibrations make it make some noise. I had to tighten it up to one end to get it to stop, but of course it just keeps rattling back lose again.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
One of the screws that holds one of the front turn signals on was loose on mine and was rattling a lot. Tightened it up and it went away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts