RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
DDMTuning.com
HID KIT

Wow, talk about a company that blew up to fast for their own good,

waited 50 mins on hold then got disconnected from their end, viewing their facebook page people are posting order numbers asking questions as calling their number is useless as well as writing an email

http://www.facebook.com/DDMTuning#!/DDMTuning

I am sure a lot of people have had success with them but man I have never imagined having to do business strictly over facebook with a company.

Actually a rant rather then a "Bad transaction" but it may turn out to be one
I've bought my HID kit from them back when it was a different business. It went out and they replaced the whole kit. On another vehicle, the relay went out and they gave me a re-placement plus one more just in case it goes out again. I guess dealing with them face to face has its advantages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY FROM FAT BIKEZ.COM

I recently tried to purchase a fender eliminator kit for my bike and everything seemed legit at first but little did I know it was about to be the worst online shopping experience of my life...I purchased my kit and when I did the money immediately came out of my paypal account, which I thought was kind of odd because it hadn't shipped yet. But, a couple days went by and nothing. So, I contacted "Doug" and asked him for a tracking number and he said he would get it to me when it shipped [keep in mind at this point I'd already paid for it and its been almost a full week since I paid and it still hadn't shipped]. Another week goes by and I email him again and ask where my tracking number is and he then tells me that the one that I ordered had been out of stock and he was waiting for more [when I placed my order it clearly said "in stock" online and once he notified me it was out of stock i checked again and it still said "in stock" on their website], so he offered to change to a different kit and I said ok that's fine. Another week goes by no tracking number, I email him and he finally gives me a tracking number. I wait a week and follow my tracking number online and it looks legit and then one day I check it and it says delivered in Colorado when I live in Ohio, NOT EVEN CLOSE! So I email him and bring this to his attention and he claims he gave me the wrong tracking number so I check this new tacking number and it doesn't exist. So I thought ok maybe USPS hasn't updated their tracking info yet, but after 3 or 4 days usually they've updated it to where it at least exists. So i tell him I want my money back and he doesn't email me back. So I'm then forced to strike up a complaint with paypal for not receiving my eliminator kit. Once he is notified of my complaint through paypal he finally emails me and blames USPS saying that they lost and its not his fault. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Bottom line - Were still in an active dispute through paypal and I have yet to receive my fender eliminator kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kapsco-Motors in Canada

They sent the wrong item and wont send the correct one till they recieve back the wrong one they sent me. This is the last e-mail I have sent them and gives a little idea whats going on with them.

Dear Kapsco

I was told UPS would be by at 4pm 8/30/12. it is now 7pm and nobody has showed up yet. You said my correct order would be shipped today. Since you are holding my correct part for ransum until notified by UPS this has been picked up I imagiane my actually correct item that has already been payed for in full with extra will probably not ship now until maybe 9/3/12 since this probably wont be picked up till tomorrow 8/31/12 and will probably at the end of the day aswell as the following monday being a holiday observance here in the US so it putts actually shipping on 9/4/12. Thank you for doing a good job with your business practices of not sending out the correct item until the wrong item is returned. I have never heard of sutch a thing since you have my payment info and could easily re-charge anything I was to ripp off. Yes thats how you make me feel, as if I am a thief trying to steal from you. When in fact you are the ones that have stole my time, resources, caused me to loose a customer I was going to do work for but now I can not since his time table is tighter than yours. I really feel like a valued customer when any other place I have ever had an order gbo bad says "I am sorry I will ship you the correct item right away, please returne wrong item at you earliest possible convenience." I have never been told in my life that it would not be corrected until we recieve our item back. I mean if I had kept it or even wanted it you could just re-charge my card correct??? I would lilke to think that this responce would make some slight difference in your customer care but I'm sure it will not. I will be sure to tell all my friends over at www.riderforums.com and the other half dozen places I freqent about your wounderful customer service and policies just so there not suprised if they try to take the chance to order from you themselves.

Thank you

·
Registered
329 Posts
The moral of the story is don't be a **** and pay for what you want. Cash talks, deals are done with cash not with a bunch of BS. Wimpy always wants his hamburger today but will gladly repay you on Tuesday. You sound like Wimpy. Talk is cheap, deeds are precious. It takes cash to close a deal not, he shouldn't have had to ask you for payment. If you want something pay for it, everything else is hot air that you can't spend. I know this is an old post but this guy didn't deserve to get slimed.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
The moral of the story is don't be a **** and pay for what you want. Cash talks, deals are done with cash not with a bunch of BS. Wimpy always wants his hamburger today but will gladly repay you on Tuesday. You sound like Wimpy. Talk is cheap, deeds are precious. It takes cash to close a deal not, he shouldn't have had to ask you for payment. If you want something pay for it, everything else is hot air that you can't spend. I know this is an old post but this guy didn't deserve to get slimed.
Not only was your post random, it was directed towards nobody

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I am a big fan of the Motorcycle Superstore and if the local shop doesn't have what I want then I use them - or if it is a tire sale that the shop can't match I use them. I like to support my local businesses, and Apache Motocycles (local shop) has good guys with good customer service - so I'll spend a couple extra bucks if they have it.
Anyway - Motorcycle Superstore has always shipped on time or sooner than promised - packaging is proper, no mistakes, and they ask to be contacted if dissatisfied. they have tire sales at least once/season and I got my Bridgestone Excedras for $89 off (even comparing to other places) and free shipping.
** Now for Outlaw Cycle Products - I bought handlebars in flat black and the powdercoating was horrible and rubbed off easily (glad to have a bro in law who paints cars to fix it).

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I am a big fan of the Motorcycle Superstore and if the local shop doesn't have what I want then I use them - or if it is a tire sale that the shop can't match I use them. I like to support my local businesses, and Apache Motocycles (local shop) has good guys with good customer service - so I'll spend a couple extra bucks if they have it.
Anyway - Motorcycle Superstore has always shipped on time or sooner than promised - packaging is proper, no mistakes, and they ask to be contacted if dissatisfied. they have tire sales at least once/season and I got my Bridgestone Excedras for $89 off (even comparing to other places) and free shipping.
** Now for Outlaw Cycle Products - I bought handlebars in flat black and the powdercoating was horrible and rubbed off easily (glad to have a bro in law who paints cars to fix it).
Was the transaction bad with Outlaw or just the product? Did you try working this out with them? Just curious for details

Were there issues with Apache or MS Superstore? If not, I'd edit them out and put them in the Awsome transaction section.

Want to make sure the vendors get the press the deserve..

Just a suggestion

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I set up to look at something for sale I usually make sure I really want it. this equals a smooth transaction, no hurt feelings and the seller does not have to worry about it being stolen(because someone looked at it and knows where it is).
If paypal were the money kitty then there would be less to worry about, just be careful this person doesn't follow you to the shipping address if there are resentments.:dance:

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Use some common sense. Always be aware of the low price leaders. For example, Rocky Mountain ATV has a program where I can contact them and set up a dealership from my house. I think you have to agree to buy X amount, but its super easy to do.

Now, You think your dealing with RCANNON409 cycles, but I dont actually do a thing. I'[m a virtual warehouse, and will virtually do anythign I can to be good . I take your money, then hope Rocky Mountain ATV drops ships what you ordered. Of course I can do this for a low price since I dont even touch the item.

Or, before sending money, throw out a post asking if we've ever dealt with....

With that being said, If Rocky Mountain ATV (Jake Wilson) has it, thats where i buy from. I've dealt with them for 12 years, and never had an issue. SoloMotoparts is also great.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Had a pretty bad experience with Moto Part Hub when I bought a Hotbodies Racing Windscreen from them. It didn't fit, it hit the right end of the handlebar badly on an extreme left turn. It never saw ride time because front lower curvature popped the new OEM grommets right through the holes.

It's almost as if it was a counterfeit screen; even though it had the signature Hotobodies melt-a-view optics.

When I called them nobody picks up the phone only an answer machine that asks for a return number that they never call. When you ask for an RMA online the automated system gives you a ticket number and says their CS is looking at your request; you will not here from them again.

I told them I was notifying the BBB in their area, which I did, but no response, ever. This is the weirdest online store I have ever dealt with.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
AJ, sorry, but this made me laugh..."signature Hotobodies melt-a-view optics" I know what you mean, and now it has a name...

Hotbodies offered to get me a different screen or refund. They are awesome. Maybe contact them directly instead of the other place????

·
Registered
589 Posts
I did contact Hotbodies RC, the CS guy's manager was being a dikk so I gave up. I kind of destroyed the screen in the interim so that added to the mix. Peace out.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
If everyone is leaving you out in the cold, turn to your credit card company as an advocate. They can do a charge back and get you refunded. If you've destroyed the product in the mean time, that's another story.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If everyone is leaving you out in the cold, turn to your credit card company as an advocate. They can do a charge back and get you refunded. If you've destroyed the product in the mean time, that's another story.
Yeah Djrussell, I started out trying to grind a contoured inconspicuous notch where the bars met the shield and it just kept going deeper until I reached abortion level. I then resigned myself to live with that, having taken it off in the meantime,

but reinstallation produced the new OEM grommets popping out of the socket holes in the screen, weird but true, like it just wasn't bent right at the bottom. This caused me to take it off and put it into the shet pile of things I have like that, which eventually caused it to resemble garbage.

If Moto Part Hub would have answered my communication it would have helped at Hotbodies as they might have had it transferred to them from MPH to look at it, which is why I have to say Moto Part Hub are an interesting bunch of fellows doodley doo, I could crush a grape....

/The reason why I said the HBs, CS guy's manager was being a dic is because he was evading the issue and it was only when the CS guy mailed me later and offered to have it sent to them from MPH to evaluate the issue which was a no-go because of MPH. The manager should have thought of this and is what I was anticipating but sometime managers aren't the smartest bunch. So it's moot (wanted to say moot) just stay away form MPH.

/In hindsight, maybe when I cut the obstructed couture it set relief to the bend in the lower part of the screen causing it to become A-symmetrical to its intended config. That's more than Moto Par Hub deserves but is fair to observe this in respect to Hotbodies; unless MPH meticulously also counterfeited the signature HB's melt-a-view feature.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts